Estimating depth and flow?

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.

Postby martin campbell-smith » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:50 am

hello everybody

I am new to this site.

I live in southern spain and have been dowsing for about two years. I started with a pendulum given to me by a friend. Until recently i have been dowsing things where i could prove the answer correct or not. I would get a friend to put various glasses of water on a table eg tap water, bottled water, salty water etc, then i would dowse to see which was which. This i find quite easy and normally i get it right. I live on a peice of land and need at some point to make a well, so i´ve been dowsing with a rod and my pendulum, i´ve found various places where the rod says there is water and then i´ve been using the bishops rule and other methods to determine the depth and quantity of water there. I realised that this cannot be proven without making a well and just the other day i had the opportunity to prove my skills at a site where they were about to make a borehole. The site had already been dowsed by a local man and i went along with my tools to see what i could find. I got a strong indication from my rod of a water vein and went ahead to find out the depth and quanitiy etc. With my answers i waited until they started the borehole. It turned out that although we both found what we thought to be a water vein in the same place, there was hardly any water, and they drilled until 108metres, and finally gave up.

When i talked to the local man about dowsing, he said that he couldn´t find out the depth or quantity of water on a site and i was wondering how is one supposed to practice this without actually making a borehole each time. The other thing is when i get a wrong answer, is it me misinterpreting the answer because surely the pendulum or other tool cannot lie.

Any suggestions will be gladly recieved

hasta luego

martin 8)
martin campbell-smith

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:36 am

Hi Martin, and welcome.

I've moved your question into the water dowsing section of the forum as you are more likely to find answers in here.
martin campbell-smith wrote:When i talked to the local man about dowsing, he said that he couldn't find out the depth or quantity of water on a site and I was wondering how is one supposed to practice this without actually making a borehole each time

The only way to improve your estimates for depth and flow are through practice, and that means a lot of boreholes. Although many people estimate these using methods like Bishop's Rule or counting with the pendulum, many water dowsers say that certain geological conditions like clay will affect the count. In these cases they usually add or subtract a percentage to their dowsed estimate. But this is something only experience can teach.
martin campbell-smith wrote:when I get a wrong answer, is it me misinterpreting the answer because surely the pendulum or other tool cannot lie?

The short answer is that yes, it's you. The tool is only that, a tool. The answers you get depend on the questions you ask. It's like that old computer saying - Garbage In, Garbage Out.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby ocd » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:19 pm

hello martin

I've looked for objects in the ground at home and on friends land, on one occasion my friend found iron, and used the bishops rule to determine the depth. He dug it up and found he was correct.
Can you get a friend to bury objects and then dowse the depth?

ocd
ocd

Postby martin campbell-smith » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:50 am

Thanks ocd, that´s a brilliant idea... just have to make a friend now... only joking! :lol:
martin campbell-smith

Return to Water Dowsing