Insurance for Water Dowsers

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.

Insurance for Water Dowsers

Postby Ron Kirby » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:33 pm

(mod- moved to Water dowsing forum - G)

Having searched high and low for "reasonably" priced insurance - all I seem able to come up with is Professional Liability Insurance through Towergate.
However it is limited to Geopathic Stress working only at a cost of £125 per year. When I asked about Water Dowsing Insurance, they didn't want to know. One local firm of brokers here in Falmouth (Cornwall) offered a quote of between £450 and £600 per year. I am lucky if I earn £200 per year here in West Cornwall.
Are we considered such "odd balls" to be exploited by the Insurance fraternity.
I gave a talk on Dowsing recently and in the audience there was a man who identified himself as being well placed in South West Water and his comment was "My friend, it is not going to be too long before competent water dowsers are going to be in great demand in this country."
Iwish the Insurance companies took the same view.
Is there anyone who has been successful in obtaining "reasonable" costed insurance for Water Dowsing - if so could you please send me details of the company and the cost.
I would add that I am also a Registered Practitioner Healer with the Duchy Healers (Cornwall) - I pay a subscription of £15 per year which includes a Block Cover Insurance of Two Million Pounds cover for each Registered Practitioner - I just cannot understand why BSD cannot obtain reasonably costed Block Insurance Cover for members to cover all dowsing disciplines.
Ron Kirby
Ron Kirby
BSD Registered Tutor

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:10 pm

Ron, I've moved this to 'water dowsing' as it doesn't belong in the water 'news & media' section. To be honest, I don't even think it belongs in the forum at all, but I shall let it stand for now.

I've also removed your email address to prevent it being harvested by spammer 'bots, which scan messages looking for phrases containing '@' symbols. If anyone wants to email you, they can click on the 'email' button underneath your post.

As to your point, you have answered your own question as to why the BSD cannot obtain reasonable block insurance cover for professional members - like you, we haven't yet found anyone prepared to do a policy that will cover all the areas required.

May I also remind you (and any subsequent posters) that this forum is open to the public and is not a suitable place to be discussing BSD policy. If you wish to discuss this issue further, can you please communicate directly with the office.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to Water Dowsing