New Dowser.

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.

New Dowser.

Postby NigelS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Everyone. I have just been on the Peter Taylor "Introduction to Water Dowsing" course at Green Park last weekend. What great fun it was too, learned heaps and it was reassuring that Peter confirmed that I was not as useless as I thought :) Anyway here I am back in Scotland wondering what to do next?? Any suggestions?
NigelS

Re: New Dowser.

Postby Ian Pegler » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Have you joined the British Society of Dowsers yet?

If not, then perhaps you might consider that. If you've already done that then consider contacting the Water Divining Special Interest Group with a view to joining that. It doesn't cost any extra - once you're a BSD member you have free access to that.

There's a new DVD by Peter Taylor on Dowsing and Drilling, available from the BSD shop. Also you might might consider George Applegate's book on Dowsing, also available from the shop. I definitely recommend that one.

cheers

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby NigelS » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi Ian. Thanks for the info. Peter Taylor's DVD was part of the course, very good it were too. I am a member of the society and I have just posted a big load of cash off to Malvern for the conference in Sep. The water sig is my next stop me thinks :) :)
NigelS

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi Nigel;

Glad you enjoyed the course with Peter.
We don't have much BSD activity in your area - have you thought about finding a few interested folk and starting a local group?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby garfield » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:28 pm

i cant say i am new to dowsing,, really as i have been doing it for 15 years on and off,,as i was a bore hole driller and if we failed to find water then i would be allowed to dowse,i have also had a few sessions with mr thompson from beaumaris who i got to know again through the drilling job,, i have been gaining experience over the years and the more you do it the more confident you get,,,unfortunately the company had a philosopy that there is water eveywhere,,which is totally incorrect otherwise why would they need to call out a diviner,,,i am no longer working as a driller,and as such dont really do any dowsing,but you can imagine how glad i was when after drilling normally to a depth of 350feet and failing to find any water.to being allowed to divine and being right and most of the time on the 2 nd drill not drilling so deep. my name is garfield evans from llannidloes
garfield

Postby garfield » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:39 pm

hello there ian,i have also done a fair bit of drilling around aber,,on the golf course,and i and mr thompson failed to find any really good places to drill,and out towards tregaron i have dowsed there and was successful,after we failed first time,also glan-yr-afon industrial estate for a cement/ready mix plant.in to the gravels and loads of water..
garfield

Postby Ian Pegler » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 am

garfield wrote:hello there ian,i have also done a fair bit of drilling around aber,,on the golf course,and i and mr thompson failed to find any really good places to drill,and out towards tregaron i have dowsed there and was successful,after we failed first time,also glan-yr-afon industrial estate for a cement/ready mix plant.in to the gravels and loads of water..

Hi garfield

Yes I remember Clive telling me about the golf course. Tregaron is an interesting little place, there's a great little pub called the Talbot and opposite there's the jeweller, Rhiannon, who creates gold and silver Celtic jewelry and there's a great art exhibition there. The mineral water of Ty Nant was discovered by a dowser back in the 1970's.

Ian

Edited by I.P. 11.1.10 - added hyperlink to related thread
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby garfield » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:23 pm

thanks for your reply,ian,, a little old lady down by cwm-ystwyth also dowsed for a farmer,,and what sticks in my mind as she insisted she was right and when i drilled to 350 feet not a drop showed and then 30 feet later she was smack on,, i got my rods out and was miffed cos i could nt get a feel for it on her mark just about 4 ft from it and of course i was thinking we had missed the aquifer,the finished depth was 440 ft,,you will have to ask mr thompson about me he should remember my name..he came out to me at denbigh as well..,church-stretton,now thats a place for you to go and dowse,,1 of clives failures comes to my mind???
garfield

Postby garfield » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 pm

i am considering putting an advert in the local press along the lines.divine before you drill,,i really think it is worth the cost of call out travel etc..if it means drilling a bore hole once, and if the message got across then a lot of guess work would be taken out of the job,,there is an awful lot of work involved with the drilling,not to mention the dust and the mess,and when you do have a dry hole all the cuttings are put back in the void and capped off..another diviner comes to mind from the builth wells area john edwards he has a very unique way of dowsing, both hands on a stick and he actually shakes his stick as he walks and when he is on the mark in one spot he repeats this shaking numerous times until he can hardly hold the stick any longer, quite funny to watch, but pretty accurate as to where to drill
garfield

Return to Water Dowsing