Silbury Hill

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Silbury Hill

Postby Helen-Healing » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:40 am

Has anyone done any dowsing at Silbury Hill?

Daily Mail news article here.

"Terry the Druid does not believe in God, nor even in the gods.

"There is a lot of debate in the pagan community," he says. "Some of them work with gods and goddesses.

"I take a Dawkins view of the world."

What, Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist, arch-atheist and scourge of believers of all shades? Surely not.

"Yes, him. I agree with him totally; evolution and all that."

So you don't worship gods and spirits and things?

"If I worship anything, I worship the Earth," Terry says firmly.

That and ancient motorcycles, which he has a good business restoring.

What about virgin sacrifices, I ask.

Surely you have those?

"Nope, can't find any virgins."

SO what's Silbury all about then?

Again, surprisingly, Terry takes a practical view.

"It's a barometer," he says, claiming that the whole mound is some sort of primitive device to measure slight changes in air pressure, which in turn affect the ground water levels in the compacted chalk.

That and the fact that the River Kennet rises just 200 yards away suggests, say the Druids, that the mound could have also been part of a water-goddess cult."
Helen-Healing

Re: Silbury Hill

Postby Rory » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:32 pm

Helen-Healing wrote:Has anyone done any dowsing at Silbury Hill?

(mod - quote trimmed - GG)

Yes Helen

I live near to Avebury and dowse there at least once a month as there is much work to still do with tracking all the lines and looking for answers to questions.

I am still able to dowse the St Mary line that Hamish Miller dowsed running virtually North South down through the Hill. I also still pick it up in the other places Hamish dowsed the line - Recently on top of Windmill Hill and at the Sanctuary and on both occasions I was with a friend who also dowsed the line. All this since the recent excavations. The theories I am working on do not suggest that the activity there will have any affect on the line.

As for the comments on God. All depends on your definition. If you are looking for a universal cosmic intelligence that has developed consciousness and has gone on to create the illusion of matter at the sub quantum scale of things as well as habitats for mind after death - then yes there is a good scientific theory that can explain all that and all other observations, including all psychic phenomena -check out http://www.pearsonianspace.com
Rory

Postby Helen-Healing » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:36 pm

Yes, I'm familiar with Pearson's site, Rory.

a universal cosmic intelligence that has developed consciousness and has gone on to create the illusion of matter at the sub quantum scale of things as well as habitats for mind after death

A brilliant description of 'god'! 8) I particularly like the exclusion of the idea that 'god is good' or 'god loves us' which, in my view is not proven. 'God' simply 'is'.
Helen-Healing

Postby griff » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:00 pm

My wife and I climbed Silbury Hill some twenty or so years ago. On the same day she lost a nice Edwardian silver bracelet. I went back there a few days later to dowse for it. I never found it. There was so much interference and reactions that I guess that drilling, tunneling and impact operations over many years had left a number of permanent confusing and convoluted dowsing indications that made my quest impossible. I was there for about two hours. I also revisited Wayland's Smithy, recovering a silver sixpenny piece that I had buried there and several other coins that others had buried or lost there. Dowsing for silver was not hindered at that site.
griff

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Rory,

Thanks , That site made a hell of a lot of sense, filled in a few gaps in my understanding!

Helen,

I have dowsed on the top, I asked for a node and my rods crossed but will agree with Griff there is a lot of interference. I have heard one theory that the mound was used as an "earth" for the magnetic forces : energy line/s which have been found there, perhaps this diverted the energy lines somehow, and a "leap" from this idea was that the ancients were aware of these forces and built structures to balance an imbalance of these forces somehow, this opinion is shared by some of those who claim crop circles are a warning, and their postioning on energy lines - warning a magnetic shift will occur unless we attempt to understand this.

The ditch around the hill supposedly had water in it at one point, which other sites seem to have again, supposodly stonehenge, believed by many that by using the bluestones refraction properties, they were creating an electromagnetic field, for some purpose, which may appear spiritual through lack of information: however I believe science we have forgotten is involved.

The marlborough mound is similar to Silbury, however the energy lines Rory mentions do not pass through it, I wondered why this was and have some ideas:

1.Other lines unrelated to those mentioned pass through this (I have not found any yet)
2.No lines pass through and the energy lines passing through such monuments is coincidence (we can rule this out!)
3.The lines once passed through the mound, but no longer do (The energy lines Michael / Mary do pass close by at a more recent church on the college grounds, which makes this very likely indeed)

The Marlborough mound used to have a Norman structure on top,

http://www.marlboroughnewsonline.co.uk/marlboroughs-mound-is-now-proved-even-older-and-more-mysterious-than-merlin-himself

And as we now know is prehistoric and linked to Silbury Hill:

http://forum.britishdowsers.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2384&p=11717&hilit=marlborough#p11717

So why would this energy have moved? If we look at the history of the mound:

After the prehistoric mound was re-used as a castle motte – the only known example of its kind – it became an important royal castle for the Norman and Plantagenet kings. It was occasionally the scene of major political events, such as the general oath of allegiance to King John in 1209, as well as being a favourite royal hunting lodge. In the fourteenth century the castle passed to the queens of England, and gradually became neglected.

In the seventeenth century it came into the possession of the Seymour family, and its next avatar was as a feature in a historically significant early romantic garden: a spiral ramp was cut in its side, with a hawthorn hedge enclosing the path which wound to the summit, where there was a water feature.

Read more >> http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php ... z1WGFydEpE
Read the Archaeology News - then buy the Trowel at Past Horizons Tools

So at some point the energy moved? When I investigated a nearby church at Prechute (The energy line passes through the church), Interestingly the church housed the old font from the Norman structure on top of the Mound, I wondered if the energy sometimes followed items and objects of significance:

http://forum.britishdowsers.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2315&p=11839&hilit=marlborough#p11839

The font at Lostwithiel houses a node, but what is strange is the way the energy line diverts 90 degrees to meet it, this is a line of investigation which I have put on hold but often the energy lines curve to avoid or meet points of significance / avoidance.

http://www.jiroolcott.com/st_michael_alignment.html

Perhaps when the mound was re-shaped in the seventeenth century, it lost its function. The nearby church attracted the energy as the significance of the church became more. The chapel (original college church was opened in 1848) was built on the energy line, or attracted the energy.

Linking back to Silbury hill and the energy lines and their curviture (page 115 "the sun and the serpent"), the mound itself may have been intended to split the Mary and Michael lines, seperating them for some reason: maybe to divert the energy to an important feature- WK Long Barrow. The reason I believe this is possible is due to the curving at sites which have been built, it seems unlikely that these sites are all to mark the energy currents and this is not the case with The marlborough Mound.

Any thoughts?

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Ian Pegler » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:13 am

griff wrote:My wife and I climbed Silbury Hill some twenty or so years ago. On the same day she lost a nice Edwardian silver bracelet. I went back there a few days later to dowse for it. I never found it. There was so much interference and reactions that I guess that drilling, tunneling and impact operations over many years had left a number of permanent confusing and convoluted dowsing indications that made my quest impossible. I was there for about two hours. I also revisited Wayland's Smithy, recovering a silver sixpenny piece that I had buried there and several other coins that others had buried or lost there. Dowsing for silver was not hindered at that site.

from Wikipedia:

Wayland is associated with Wayland's Smithy, a burial mound in Oxfordshire. This was named by the English, but the megalithic mound significantly predates them. It is from this association that the superstition came about that a horse left there overnight with a small silver coin (groat) would be shod by morning.

Do you own a horse, out of interest?

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby griff » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I own stables, but on the two occasions we visited the smithy we rode right there in our trusty old Landrover, parking within 30 feet of the site.

I certainly would not leave a horse there overnight under any circumstances. :lol:

http://www.berkshirehistory.com/legends/smithy01.html
griff

Postby Helen-Healing » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I was near Silbury Hill not long ago, when I went to Avebury & the crop circle, but unfortunately there was no time to experience it. :cry:
Helen-Healing

Postby mike » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Some time ago when English Heritage was digging at Silbury I dowsed around the complex, water lines I found passing through at levels of 30 and 60 feet, and the engineer confirmed they hit water at 30 feet when drilling there..Water I feel is an interface between the inner planets energy and that which passes/runs at ground level, it offers a reduced path between the two forces, and as such does maintain a sort of balance of the two ?
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Mike,

did the surrounding ditch contain water?

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Walking around the hill while work was being done was not easy, they had this X ray machine running up rails from bottom to top of the hill looking for space in the hill where things could have been left in the distant past, I had to wear a hard hat, AND was watched all the while I walked around the hill..The area close to Silbury was lush grass against the grass further out that looked poor, so I felt the water was feeding the grass close to the hill, but the only place that looked damp was on the west side close to the road, just in the very corner, but here the soil fell away and looked like a moat...Without being specific dowsing the water levels I just dowsed for the depth of lines passing under Silbury Hill, I know any number do run under or close to the hill, but to be honest I never dowsed for any moat...My experience of Leys and energy lines the forces often take the directional flow of the water lines under the energy lines, that being the case the centre of Silbury could have as many as 30 converging water lines off the top of my head.
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:12 pm

mike wrote:Walking around the hill while work was being done was not easy, they had this X ray machine running up rails from bottom to top of the hill looking for space in the hill where things could have been left in the distant past, I had to wear a hard hat, AND was watched all the while I walked around the hill..The area close to Silbury was lush grass against the grass further out that looked poor, so I felt the water was feeding the grass close to the hill, but the only place that looked damp was on the west side close to the road, just in the very corner, but here the soil fell away and looked like a moat...Without being specific dowsing the water levels I just dowsed for the depth of lines passing under Silbury Hill, I know any number do run under or close to the hill, but to be honest I never dowsed for any moat...My experience of Leys and energy lines the forces often take the directional flow of the water lines under the energy lines, that being the case the centre of Silbury could have as many as 30 converging water lines off the top of my head.

Mike,

I just wondered if there was water in the ditch which may have been part of what it was designed for, stonehenge also has a similar ditch, I read Freedy de silvas "common wealth" which was an amazing read and water lines as energy lines were important in these sites...

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm

I have seen an old picture of Silbury Hill with water around the hill, and like a small lake on the west side, dont have a clue when the picture was taken,but water is or was part of the influence there in the past Im sure. 8)
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Interestingly,

spending a day with cropready at the rollrights and dowsing the wispering knights which is said to be the remains of a long barrow, one explanation for Silbury hill is that it is packed with layers in such away to divert the energy, perhaps to the surrounding landscape, this may have enhanced the crop yeild fertility of the surrounding area, almost like plugging a hole where the energy would perhaps enter the earth, instead you have a charged mound releasing energy...

Interesting theory

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby griff » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Google images 'Silbury Hill' depicts coloured aerial photo 1988 clearly showing flooded area and ditch; obtained by staff member English Heritage :?: Other photos from ground level 8)
griff

Next

Return to Archaeology