Go out and find stuff much?

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Re: Go out and find stuff much?

Postby mike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

I read about the copper scrolls found which point its said to treasure in 64 places across Egypt, and if you dowse about its a fact gold can be found in remote places, and even once I dowsed it in a river.And now it seems loads of looted treasure could be somewhere in the Valley Of The Kings as well in a yet unknown tomb, taken from other Kings tombs before they were sealed, and put in another place for later, its all go...Not to mention some Kings/Princes in India who had vast fortunes buried with them, which even today have not been found yet, then what about those who faught and looted complete towns and went away with the proceeds, left buried when things turned bad to collect another day, which never came ??
mike

Postby mike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Checking out past sites where Gold was mined a number of places in the UK still could produce some very good finds in my opinion,even the long gone ancient Roman mines are still interesting to nose about and look for gold veins running across the land....Some past mines are dug out for sure, but others do offer a chance to strike it rich for those who want to gamble a little and search around and do some search holes.....While many named sites still have a small amount of gold there, if you look about other places close show the same exact influence as each mine and could be part of the same gold vein.It would need a couple of search holes dug down to less than 20 feet, just to see if the level of gold was worth deep trenching to follow the vein where it ran.In many places the vein is closer than 10 feet to ground level, so if you pick the right position you dont need to go deep to test it out,just follow the vein till the ground drops lower and dig/test there.It can be anything from 5 to 30 feet under the soil at ground level, but this has to be be worth digging, if the sample from the vein shows good returns.Yes the gold vein can change, where in the past the water might have allowed the vein to increase on the bends of rivers, and at any waterfall or sharp bend.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Looking around Cornwall so many places where I dowse Gold in and around rivers and places,I just never had a clue it was to be found so close to ground level,and its odd most veins run nne to ssw underground in 6 out of 7 places I found.Im sure some sites must have gold at ground level where streams run and has had the gold washed out from the hills and mountains in the distant past, and where the water has cut a path across the country side in places which might now be dry.
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Its cold outside so I spent an hour looking around Cornwall again for gold veins,along the south coast area today and the veins run East to West rather than nne to ssw in my opinion, but without doubt one site is really good, and is much better than anything else around on the other coast line.If water cuts across these veins in any direction it would be a very good place to pan, and if my legs woud only work better I would love to go looking and panning in the summer when its nice and warm....I have checked for rivers in Cornwall and I have a list of over 29 rivers which I will :roll: check out.Three stand out on the list dowsing each of them, and the one I checked yesterday proved to be very interesting, so I want to look now at the two other places, but you HAVE to keep honest and just go with the flow and not make the sites fit. :lol: Come back when I have looked at the other two rivers okay, after a cuppa. 8)

Two of the 3 rivers had something close, so it seems to be picking up the influence from the names, I have 3 more possibles to check, but they all dont stand out like the others. Dinner ready so its break time time now. :roll:
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Checking some of the rivers in Cornwall again today I picked up a spot where I believe Roman coins are hidden deep down on Bodmin Moor, with possible Roman sites close to the position, so it follows perhaps at some time in the past someone hid a bag of coins for safe keeping, hoping to return later.
mike

Previous

Return to Archaeology