Go out and find stuff much?

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Re: Go out and find stuff much?

Postby mike » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:34 pm

I read about the copper scrolls found which point its said to treasure in 64 places across Egypt, and if you dowse about its a fact gold can be found in remote places, and even once I dowsed it in a river.And now it seems loads of looted treasure could be somewhere in the Valley Of The Kings as well in a yet unknown tomb, taken from other Kings tombs before they were sealed, and put in another place for later, its all go...Not to mention some Kings/Princes in India who had vast fortunes buried with them, which even today have not been found yet, then what about those who faught and looted complete towns and went away with the proceeds, left buried when things turned bad to collect another day, which never came ??
mike

Postby mike » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Checking out past sites where Gold was mined a number of places in the UK still could produce some very good finds in my opinion,even the long gone ancient Roman mines are still interesting to nose about and look for gold veins running across the land....Some past mines are dug out for sure, but others do offer a chance to strike it rich for those who want to gamble a little and search around and do some search holes.....While many named sites still have a small amount of gold there, if you look about other places close show the same exact influence as each mine and could be part of the same gold vein.It would need a couple of search holes dug down to less than 20 feet, just to see if the level of gold was worth deep trenching to follow the vein where it ran.In many places the vein is closer than 10 feet to ground level, so if you pick the right position you dont need to go deep to test it out,just follow the vein till the ground drops lower and dig/test there.It can be anything from 5 to 30 feet under the soil at ground level, but this has to be be worth digging, if the sample from the vein shows good returns.Yes the gold vein can change, where in the past the water might have allowed the vein to increase on the bends of rivers, and at any waterfall or sharp bend.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Looking around Cornwall so many places where I dowse Gold in and around rivers and places,I just never had a clue it was to be found so close to ground level,and its odd most veins run nne to ssw underground in 6 out of 7 places I found.Im sure some sites must have gold at ground level where streams run and has had the gold washed out from the hills and mountains in the distant past, and where the water has cut a path across the country side in places which might now be dry.
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Its cold outside so I spent an hour looking around Cornwall again for gold veins,along the south coast area today and the veins run East to West rather than nne to ssw in my opinion, but without doubt one site is really good, and is much better than anything else around on the other coast line.If water cuts across these veins in any direction it would be a very good place to pan, and if my legs woud only work better I would love to go looking and panning in the summer when its nice and warm....I have checked for rivers in Cornwall and I have a list of over 29 rivers which I will :roll: check out.Three stand out on the list dowsing each of them, and the one I checked yesterday proved to be very interesting, so I want to look now at the two other places, but you HAVE to keep honest and just go with the flow and not make the sites fit. :lol: Come back when I have looked at the other two rivers okay, after a cuppa. 8)

Two of the 3 rivers had something close, so it seems to be picking up the influence from the names, I have 3 more possibles to check, but they all dont stand out like the others. Dinner ready so its break time time now. :roll:
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Checking some of the rivers in Cornwall again today I picked up a spot where I believe Roman coins are hidden deep down on Bodmin Moor, with possible Roman sites close to the position, so it follows perhaps at some time in the past someone hid a bag of coins for safe keeping, hoping to return later.
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Reading yet another pirate story it seems the Seychelles have been in the past a place where the pirates operated and shipped out to raid around its coast, might be a place to dowse about looking for anything left behind ???
mike

Postby mike » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Yes I believe some things are still to be found in the Seychelles, as it was once the haunt of pirates, so over time before the island was built up things might have been buried to keep them safe.The main pirate was Olivier Le Vasseur, who managed to stop and rob a ship loaded with gold and silver and many church things of great value, I can dowse one big mixed load of things and one small load of silver coins from about mid 1600, but thats too early for the Frenchman, but my dates could be out ? The large load contains gold and silver and jewels, and gold items but not church things, so it could have been from another robbed ship or town somewhere ? Going to try and find the huge gold cross which took 3 men to carry it, but I imagine it had to have been melted down to a smaller size for easy hiding, that cross alone would weigh down any ship.

The hunt for pirate treasure being carried out along the Bel Ombre part of the coast on Mah I dont believe will find anything,and this digging has been going on for years father and son, but in my opinion nothing is there....Cannot find the huge gold cross anywhere, I believe it was melted down and shared out between the crew, or just cut up and shared out.
mike

Postby mike » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Looking at lost Gold Mines in the US tonight I believe the story of the Dryden Texas gold mine to be true, in that years ago a chap working on a farm there talked of finding a gold mine and he was told to go away, even when he produced a chunk of gold for them....Dowsing about I believe the story to have some truth and he well may have found something of value, for me the gold vein runs from nne towards the south and is pretty long there,well worth looking for still today.Have 3 others places to go looking about other mines lost in the US over the years, well it keeps me off the streets and in the warm,and its fun.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Hoyts Peak lost gold mine ( Josephine Mine ) I dowse to be true, well what I dowsed is close to that position, and no smoke without fire so its very possible in the past someone worked that mine and took gold from the ground there.Its said nobody was left alive to tell the tale, where the mine was and when or how it was worked in the distant past, and while a mine shaft is on the east side of the mountain, I believe the true gold mine to be some place else and running almost n to s.
Last edited by mike on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Adams Diggings New Mexico at 34 28 10 N and 108 17.5 W I dont find anything like the mine they speak of and the conditions there, I get a movement s/w of the position but the gold is 15 deep and little of it, so thats not the same place, its dinner time now and I will come back later,no smoke without fire. :lol:

Out of the 6 places mentioned in the reports of Adams Diggings only two places match the story and both these have gold in some value in my opinion, so who knows which one is the real site ?? 4 others dont come close when I dowse them.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Found on the Internet 27 lost Gold Mines in the US, and Im working through them to see what I can find, today its the Blue Bucket Gold Mine.This is the story of a group of people leaving to travel to the west for a better life before the gold rush started, so gold was not on everyones mind at the time.The wagon train got lost cause the chap never had a clue where they were, moving between Vale and Dallas in Oregon, but one day the kids playing by the stream picked up these heavy yellow stones they used for fishing weights, without knowing what they really had.They got where they were going in the end, and later heard about the gold rush, and what they once had collected in the blue bucket, weights for fishing in the stream.Nobody could remember where they were or what the local places was called, so the hidden stream of gold could still be there in the woods...I dowsed between Dallas and Vale and found a few places that just might be the location, not in a direct line but a few miles either side of that line, and Im just wondering if the story/place is real and gold nuggets are just waiting to be picked up.Some places dowse very good, while others are just small amounts in the ground, but either way Oregon is a place to go searching, miles of open space and riches a waiting...This is fun looking around, I will check out another place soon, as I have another 25 places/stories to dowse out.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Lost Cement Mine which was said to be near some water falls on the Owen River Navada I have checked up and down dowsing for anything along that area, but the only thing I found was a small amount of gold north of Sugar Loaf Mountain very deep, but still worth getting out I imagine,right of the 6 road there.

Looking tonight at Mammoth Mountain which is part of the Cement Mine story I have found 2 places that have gold, and one is very loaded with the yellow Iron, its deep but for that amount it has to be well worth the trouble to get it out.
mike

Postby mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Another interesting lost mine story recalls the Sailor Jack Mine near Newtown and others all around this area, so much gold was found just in the streams and on the ground at these times, and you could stake a claim anytime to start digging open ground.Not so now with private land all around those places of old, its not a case of just digging anywhere now, but Im sure the old mines while dug out still offer new places to work given you have permission.If you dowse about and get into the area of land you are looking at you can feel new places out where gold still remains, its harder to dig and mine now as its deeper but unexploited, but the value is what it is and you can pick and choose sites, depending where you have permission to dig/work.Im sure many of the old sites where in the past gold was found still has the odd vein waiting to be found, it will be harder to work being deeper, working through many of the old time mines shows the gold was not all found and mined away.
mike

Postby mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Cannot find anything lost from the boats on Owens Lake Inyo County CA, its said both gold and silver were lost over board, but I dowsed nothing there, its dry today.
mike

Postby mike » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Lost Gunsight Mine UTAH, this story I dowse with two possible places where the family crossed the desert in a wagon, and found a large amount of silver while crossing the mountains to the west.Its said the silver was hunted for after the family settled in the west, but was never found again, they started the journey from Enterprise Utah heading west....The journey for this family was very bad with them almost starving on the trail,they crossed the mountains while others in the group took the journey across the deserts and salt flats which proved much better.
mike

PreviousNext

Return to Archaeology