Advice on which Stonehenge tour in June 2016

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Advice on which Stonehenge tour in June 2016

Postby Carpooler » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:53 am

One thing on my bucket list is to be at Stonehenge on the Summer Solstice. We will touch down in the U.K. about the 15th, and I'd like to know which of the two tours to attend? First, 2016 is a leap year, so the sunset tour is on the 20th. Then the Morning tour leaves London at 1:00 AM on the 21st. After this brief interlude, my wife and I are flying to Budapest? for the Blue Danube river tour, West to Nurnenburg, DE. We don't plan on returning to the U.K., but after looking after some genealogy, in Switzerland and West of Maintz, DE. we will probably leave from the Netherlands, and return to Sea Tac, WA.

We don't have concrete hotel reservations in London yet, but I can contact the BSD for directions to visit, between the 15th and say, the 22nd of June. Before she took ill, I was working with your esteemed BSD member, Elizabeth Sulivan, in Pembrokeshire, on this Maintz Genealogy project. If there's a compatriot of her's still active in London, I would like to meet with him or her. I've lost track of some paper work which she kept in Benton Castle, before she passed on. So if anyone on your end can help me with this, please feel free to contact me by e-mail. (mod - email address removed to prevent spam. Click on envelope icon on right to email - GG)

I'm a bit old fashioned, as I do not like to map dowse a location where I have never been, before. This bucket list tour should solve many questions, after I have once traveled through there in person. Thanx in advance, Dave T.
Carpooler

Return to Archaeology