Dowsing Rock art...

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Dowsing Rock art...

Postby ledgehammer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I spend a little time on the megalithic portal and am taking part in a map/ grid dowsing excersize, it is for a little fun and is not going to be taken as evidence either way, I invite any dowsers to take part, and from a personal point of view it would be good to get some positive results, come on guys!

We are going to dowse photos of rock art and ask which grid the photo belongs to, the answers will be sent to an impartial person who will collate the results

see the link to the thread:

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=4861&forum=4&start=0

You may have to create an account to relay your results,

hope to see you there

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Re: Dowsing Rock art...

Postby mike » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

LOST my password, and at this moment I cannot bother to try and get it back, left the Megalithic Portal because dowsing was thought of as less than healthy/or British, I wonder why they now are asking folks to dowse a map...Yet it was the best web site for knowledge and detail on just about ANY ancient site in the UK, such a contrast of folk who have a love for ancient places, yet think so little of the dowsers who try to explain the power and forces at these wonderful old sites.The stones and stone circles all have a story to tell, yet certain people would not allow any comment on what was dowsed and felt at any site,like you was telling lies for the fun of it, and making fun of our ancient heritage, as if.,,,Rant over Tom,Im getting an angry old man, and Im only 39 years old, not really, but on the Megalithic Portal dowsing thread, what do you do BUT DOWSE ??
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:08 am

mike wrote:LOST my password, and at this moment I cannot bother to try and get it back, left the Megalithic Portal because dowsing was thought of as less than healthy/or British, I wonder why they now are asking folks to dowse a map...Yet it was the best web site for knowledge and detail on just about ANY ancient site in the UK, such a contrast of folk who have a love for ancient places, yet think so little of the dowsers who try to explain the power and forces at these wonderful old sites.The stones and stone circles all have a story to tell, yet certain people would not allow any comment on what was dowsed and felt at any site,like you was telling lies for the fun of it, and making fun of our ancient heritage, as if.,,,Rant over Tom,Im getting an angry old man, and Im only 39 years old, not really, but on the Megalithic Portal dowsing thread, what do you do BUT DOWSE ??

Mike,

cannot vouch for others, but worth a reshout, sceptics are present but truth prevails my friend

Rejoinn because would love to have u on board with this...

why are we not making a concerted effort here dowsers? I think this is key, forget the divisions in sceptisim, our race is to become unified, dowse and give an answer, and please do not allow fear to pursuade your judgement, Mike many respects for speaking up, my thoughts are witb you :-)

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Ian Pegler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:27 am

mike wrote:LOST my password, and at this moment I cannot bother to try and get it back, left the Megalithic Portal because dowsing was thought of as less than healthy/or British, I wonder why they now are asking folks to dowse a map...Yet it was the best web site for knowledge and detail on just about ANY ancient site in the UK, such a contrast of folk who have a love for ancient places, yet think so little of the dowsers who try to explain the power and forces at these wonderful old sites.The stones and stone circles all have a story to tell, yet certain people would not allow any comment on what was dowsed and felt at any site,like you was telling lies for the fun of it, and making fun of our ancient heritage, as if.,,,Rant over Tom,Im getting an angry old man, and Im only 39 years old, not really, but on the Megalithic Portal dowsing thread, what do you do BUT DOWSE ??

As regards this "test", I would ignore it. My advice to any dowser, before taking part in any test - contact the BSD. Same goes for TV appearences contact the BSD before you agree to anything either verbally or in writing. It doesn't matter if you're a member or not, the chances are if the BSD don't know about it then they're probably not operating with the best of intentions (from a dowser's perspective at least).

As regards the Megalithic forum I couldn't care less what they think about dowsing, they should at least be courteous and allow people to express their thoughts and feelings without venting their scornful bile the whole time. I haven't posted there in ages and as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby simonwheeler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 am

Ian:
As regards the Megalithic forum I couldn't care less what they think about dowsing, they should at least be courteous and allow people to express their thoughts and feelings without venting their scornful bile the whole time. I haven't posted there in ages and as far as I'm concerned it's their loss.

Ditto from me.
But I still get the email updates from Andy cos you never know what's on the list...!
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby ledgehammer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 pm

Ouch Guys!

Ive had some real usefull interactions on there, but can understand where you're coming from,

the test itself is just a bit of fun, not proof either way and not designed by sceptics, the conditions were suggested by a dowser (not me), but beginning to regret bringing it up

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Tom,
Do you feel a little shell shock, seems everyone has had a run in on Megalithic Portal, which is such a shame as its a cracking web site and contains so much good info about just about every ancient site here in the UK.I dont post there but have a look in now and then as often things of interest can be found every week, and with me it gets me looking on Google for answers and often I find other things of interest while poking about....May have a go on the map dowsing, they dont scare me, think they all work for English Heritage on the MP forum, as they have the same attitude towards dowsing :mrgreen: HEY Im getting a little anti here,dont want to lower my standards to those people,open heart and mind thats me, live and let live, keep the sun in your face and the wind at your back. 8)
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 pm

mike wrote:Hi Tom,
Do you feel a little shell shock, seems everyone has had a run in on Megalithic Portal, which is such a shame as its a cracking web site and contains so much good info about just about every ancient site here in the UK.I dont post there but have a look in now and then as often things of interest can be found every week, and with me it gets me looking on Google for answers and often I find other things of interest while poking about....May have a go on the map dowsing, they dont scare me, think they all work for English Heritage on the MP forum, as they have the same attitude towards dowsing :mrgreen: HEY Im getting a little anti here,dont want to lower my standards to those people,open heart and mind thats me, live and let live, keep the sun in your face and the wind at your back. 8)

Mike,

perhaps, but Im used to it :-)

I think I know what you are on about and I have only used the portal recently, I am told it was quite bad at one stage, but not the case now (one of the moderators is a dowser and this perhaps helps, I am not sure I never witnessed it). I have had conversations with polite sceptics which have been very useful as they have challenged myself and my research, which has led me to more, and Im sure they also have been challenged. In the most though I have met some great people and are encouraging when it comes to earth mysteries and topics such as dowsing.

I had better clarify though the "test" if you can call it that is really a bit of fun designed to let everyone have a go at dowsing, there is no hidden agenda. If dowsing is to become more of a tool then those currently engaged in the art should share this, I think politics and agendas need not enter into it personally but hey thats just me, maybe Im a little too enthusiastic?

When Im at sites dowsing and interest is shown then I invite anyone to have a go, sceptical or otherwise - I feel sharing is part of the process, my sin is perhaps I do not dowse enough but the constraints of modern life make such activities difficult at times...

best wishes

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 am

Hi Tom,
Lets hope the MP has changed its views on dowsing, as I believe it can offer thoughts on ancient sites and make people much more aware of what each ancient site is about.We all perhaps have many views of whats to be found at each and every site,but its not until someone is ready to stand up to the agro from other members, and post what they find that the ball starts rolling....Im like you always ready to show others how dowsing works and start them looking, its fun when someone for the first time feels an L rod move to the forces in their hand, the eyes say it all...Its NOT a case of force feeding them,just opening their eyes and hearts to the idea dowsing can be a help to understand ancient sites better perhaps, as long as they allow you the time of day. Im all for that, breaking the ice as it were,but some folks just will not change, they are against dowsing and will never accept it how ever much you try.
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:05 pm

mike wrote:Hi Tom,
Lets hope the MP has changed its views on dowsing, as I believe it can offer thoughts on ancient sites and make people much more aware of what each ancient site is about.We all perhaps have many views of whats to be found at each and every site,but its not until someone is ready to stand up to the agro from other members, and post what they find that the ball starts rolling....Im like you always ready to show others how dowsing works and start them looking, its fun when someone for the first time feels an L rod move to the forces in their hand, the eyes say it all...Its NOT a case of force feeding them,just opening their eyes and hearts to the idea dowsing can be a help to understand ancient sites better perhaps, as long as they allow you the time of day. Im all for that, breaking the ice as it were,but some folks just will not change, they are against dowsing and will never accept it how ever much you try.

Mike,

I think it must have done, but there will be members in any forum who are opposed to alternative ideas, there was an instance on this forum recently which was the same, i.e dowsers searching for tangible targets as opposed to targets like earth energy. If you stick to the "mysteries" section on the portal then you are o.k as the moderator is in fact a dowser, there are a multitude of ideas discussed at present, there have been occasional trolls who have been dispatched and banned when conversations get bitter and personal, but this has only happened once since Ive used it. I am happy to share my research with anyone however relevant, no intention of gain on my part other than learning from others.

The innocent dowsing thing I agree wholeheartedly is priceless, and yes some are bound by their sceptisim, which is o.k as well - we should believe without allowing those that do not believe to affect us, we should be thankful for this variation and ignore any mis-intent, no one is any better than anyone else we are all on different journeys, If we all believed the same then it would be a sad world.

Those who show anger and direct fear onto others, use agendas to discriminate the unusual is something which has been around for centuries, luckily the abuse is verbal and not as violent as the medievil times, and in the future will probably be even less as we become more in tune with ourselves. In truth I feel fear is our largest enemy and devotion should be shown on a personal level to overcome this...

sorry went off on another tangent :-)

Hope you're well & best wishes

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:54 am

Nice post Tom,we sound like our views are pretty close on dowsing and life, Im keeping as warm as I can this weather and walking out when the sun breaks through, have to keep the old bones supple as possible,and wrap up when the wind blows and the sun goes in again...LOL..Nobody should grow old, but they do, well Im pushing 39 years old now, I WISH. :mrgreen:
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Mike,

indeed :-)

I seem to radiate heat, but Im sure this will change as I get older...

p.s silk underlayers are great for heat retention, i.e silk gloves

best wishes

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:04 pm

I used to wear a pair of girls tights when I went fishing off the beach at night at Yarmouth in Winter, but my mum bless her told me not to use her address if I was taken to hospital LOL... :mrgreen: I can tell you I was like toast in tights,but dont tell anyone. :lol:
mike

Postby Ian Pegler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 pm

The results of the dowsing competition...(said Ian, studiously ignoring the previous post!)

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=2146414048

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby ledgehammer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Ian Pegler wrote:The results of the dowsing competition...(said Ian, studiously ignoring the previous post!)

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=2146414048

Ian

Thanks Ian :-)

I failed miserably, unfortunatly, but was the first time I have tried map dowsing, so not disheartened :-) I did find myself asking the question on whether the motivation was relevant for me, :-)

best wishes

Tom
ledgehammer

Return to Archaeology