Burial Mounds - Tumulus

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Burial Mounds - Tumulus

Postby Merlin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:37 pm

For my first post on this forum I hope this isn't a dumb question :)

I was listening to the podcast that featured David Cowan and was wondering has anyone noticed if ancient burial mounds display the same negative energy patterns that graves do? I was thinking today that most burial mounds from early ancient times to early some Saxon, only contain cremation urns, surely there would be no energy from ashes?

Perhaps they knew something we didn't

Paul
Merlin

Re: Burial Mounds - Tumulus

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Paul;

I think the detrimental effects from burial mounds etc. would have more to do with the cavity inside, which will act as a resonator for earth energies, in the same way as quarries, mines and caves etc. The energy may not necessarily be detrimental.
Guy Underwood dowsed a lot of tumuli and burial mounds and found complex water structures under them, particularly blind springs.

More recently Billy Gawn has experimented with building small chambered cairns, sited over a 'triple spiral' terminated energy line and found that it then emits beneficial energies.

It all depends on the site, placement and construction. I wouldn't write them all off as detrimental without a lot of further research.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby ledgehammer » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Merlin,

IMHO, it would depend on the energy lines themselves, or blind springs which often give off detremental energy. I guess this is what you mean when you say negative?

I dowsed a mound recently which had intense positive energy emulating from a nodal point, they are currently digging this mound as we speak: see http://forum.britishdowsers.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1918 towards the end of the thread.

I have however found that over-exposure to even positive energy can cause headaches, tiredness and other weakened feelings, I normally can sense when it is time to leave, or you can ask.

Alas I haven't dowsed nearly enough sites to conclude your point but based on the experiences I have had, I believe as Graham states each mound may be different, and it depends on what exactly is going on in terms of the types of energies interacting. Intuition and or asking questions is the best way to establish what is going on.

Best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Before English Heritage worked on Silbury Hill I could only stay for a few minutes at the south/east corner of Silbury Hill by the road, if I never moved fast my eyes went funny and my head would buzz like a big fly was going round me ears, the power there was always too much for me during the summer months.
mike

Return to Archaeology