Treasure in house from 1650?

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.

Treasure in house from 1650?

Postby Davis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:05 am

Hello all,
After a long search on line I have found this forum and hope that you could give us some advice.
We live in a house from 1650 and believe that the is a treasure in our basement. I know this sounds like many other stories, but this one might be different.

When we moved in on the first night, my partner dreamed a riddle with something to fing pointing to the basement.
I contacted the horrary astrologer in US with single question :"where it is what I am looking for" and she said it is a metal object, used to belong to church, like cepter, and it is in your left basement.in the wall.
We met an old gentlmen who was born in this house ( he is now 91) who told us that when he was a boy there was a story going on in the village that in our house is burried a treasure. He said that while he was still vital, he used to look for it here and there but obviously found nothing.

We live in holland, the basements are low and wet, often filled with water, so machines for scanning the ground are not working. Because the house is so old, we can not start digging into the carrying walls until we are certain that it is there.
Sorry for the long post.
Any suggestion is welcome!! Most appreciated.
Davis
Davis

Re: Treasure in house from 1650?

Postby mike » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi Davis,
Welcome to the forum, and the idea something of value from the church is buried in your house holds my interest, the date and possible fighting/war might explain why the item was placed in your house for safe keeping, with perhaps a church worker involved with the church item and living in the house where you now live, so the two things might/could be explained away as a person in troubled times hiding the church item, what ever it is in his house for safe keeping at that time....Does the date 1650 mean anything to your town or village on the web, was any fighting taking place close to where you now live, or if not perhaps the church item was stolen, and hidden till such times the object could be sold away from the town where it was taken ? SO many things could be behind the reason something was taken, if in fact it was taken and hidden in the floor or walls of your house, but being from the church it has to be something of great value, perhaps made of gold or silver, the question I would ask is what you intend to do with it if you find something of value, are you looking to return the lost item if it proves something is buried in your house ?Its possible to look for a gold or silver object of some value with a town name and street name, to focus in that area to look for the hidden object I believe, and more so if the object would be returned to the church afterwards as a gift, that way you are looking with every possible help for a happy outcome Davis.Check the date and your town or village on the web for any possible fighting/war at that precise time, and church records to see if anyone worked/prayed at the church who lived in your house during that time frame, given you can match up any facts the chance something went missing or was hidden in your home becomes much stronger, and might prove worth looking for at a deeper level....Thats my thoughts Davis,good hunting mate.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:09 pm

1650 was a time of trouble in Holland and the area to the south,its possible items from churches were taken and hidden for safe keeping, Amsterdam was a focus for problems of religion and its very possible someone wished to protect the local church, thus items were taken and put away for safety,which is the same story down history the world over, good people protecting their church when the religious climate might have been against them.....No use asking any church permission to dowse for lost church objects, as we/dowsers are seen as workers for the devil Davis, you will have to tread careful in what you ask or say to people regarding the object and its history....But if someone can find the object, it MIGHT improve things a little, heres hoping..
mike

Postby Davis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:23 pm

Many thanks mike much appreciated! Good points.
The house is built in 1650 as in 1600 there was a fire that burnt entire village, so there are not much records. We know of all people who lived I the house and none of them had particular connection with the church. This basically means that the house was in 1650 built on the ashes of the house that was there before, and therefore the treasure could be from very, very long time ago...

First thing is we do not know what it is.
It could be from church or it could be something that looks like it is from the church, but it is not.
Depending on what it is, if it would be useful on the national scale, we would definitely contact historic museum or similar!
Hence, since we do not know what it is, or where it is, it is very difficult to predict what we would do with it, when and if we would ever find it. The nice thing is that when we purchased this house it was in horrible condition and we have worked on it for five years non stop to return it to old glory : ) This is why we are also so carefull in searching/ digging in any part of the home.
If any of you has any more ideas of how to start looking for it would be great : )
Davis

Postby mike » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Davis,
Your partner who had the dream that started the search could be the one who will get more details in the future, the way to explore this could be to let your partner open a path with who ever is reaching out to you,first protect and then allow dreams to take over and offer a path for the spirit to return with more details to the questions you ask here...They are reaching out to your partner with some details enough to get you looking/searching,so why not request more details along the same lines and methods as those that first happened in the house...I would find an energy line and spend time there and try and connect that way to see whats happened and why help is needed from you both,HAVE others ever been approached ? If you dowse or just have a strong faith you can do this, check any ancient sites close to your home and there stand on the compass points N/S/E/W of the centre point/stone circle, and again ask the question of whats hidden and why in your house ? Make all questions asked only can have a yes or no answer at first, dont look for a lengthy chat in any detail to start with,and dont rush it Davis...
mike

Postby mike » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:59 pm

From your first post Davis it would have to be something perhaps from a church was placed in the foundations of your home before it was burnt down, as these would be strong and might remain after any fire, for the house to rise again on perhaps the old and new foundations and so remain hidden in the wide strong brick foundations.The influence of any find would be in the lower part of the house I believe and might be under the floor, even in an old unknown cellar hidden when the house caught fire...Remote viewing of sorts could perhaps find something, but I would need a village name to start with as a focus, and use that and the village Google view along with your details to nose about there, it might show up something I can PM you with ? Being Holland perhaps the cellar idea might not work because of water and the high water table, but local conditions might have clay or rock where the house was built, and a cellar was possible ?
mike

Postby Davis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

Were away for few days, sorry for the later reply. maybe we could somehow meet up? We would be in England, Cambridge from 3rd until 10 th September. Would any of the dates be interesting for you? Would bring the floor plan and photos and reading from a American astrologist. Let us know pleas if you like to meet.
How can we exchange the contact details without posting it live ?
:)
Davis

Postby Ian Pegler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:00 am

How can we exchange the contact details without posting it live ?

To the right of each post are two small buttons for sending private messages and e-mails.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Davis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Many thanks : )
Davis

Postby mike » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

I dont travel very well at the moment but will give the idea of meeting up some thought, I live in Coventry and its a well worn path Cambridge for me, as I go that way to my old home in Gt.Yarmouth when ever I can, I have relations there still and visit when Im able...Email you later and explain further Davis, I dont claim any special gifts that might help you, but Im always willing to have a go at anything dowsing wise, as you never know whats possible till you try.Logic does never explain the art/skill of dowsing well enough for me, more is involved with dowsing than can ever be explained in a rational way, so I tend to forget the books and the logic of it all, and just go out and enjoy the experience. Im happy to post anything I feel or find, as other peoples experience count for a lot on a forum like this,and those people who share and chat here have a wealth of knowledge on most subjects , so you learn more every day, you could say this forum is a sort of treasure house. :lol:
mike

Return to Archaeology