Asking permission - one for Grahame

for matters relating to earth energy dowsing - leys, energy lines, feng-shui, geomancy etc.

Moderator: Grahame Gardner

Asking permission - one for Grahame

Postby Merlin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:32 pm

I have been thinking about permissions lately and trying to sort out a dilemma. I have read this blog post http://westerngeomancy.org/on-ethics-and-permissions/

To be honest I haven't done a lot of dowsing over the past two or three years, recently started to get back into things. My main interest in dowsing has been earth energies, but away from that I seem to have this connection with spirit. A few years ago a young woman from a local town went missing, the police found her abandoned car in the countryside and there was a big police search in the area around where her car was found.

I looked at an OS map and it was like something was telling me that she wasn't in the search area. I looked carefully and I was drawn to a wood about a mile outside the search area. This was before I started dowsing and I had a slight headache along my forehead just above my eyes. That afternoon I drove out to the search area and past big groups of searchers and then drove out of the search area to a nearby village where I parked my car and walked up to the wood. At the side of the road was a steep muddy embankment with the only visible way of getting through. I toyed with the idea of going further but something told me to hold back, maybe it was the fear of having to explain what I was up to with the police if I found the woman, making the excuse to myself that I had forgotten my boots and it was far to wet and muddy to be messing about. A couple of days later the woman was found very much alive although with an ankle injury, by a female dog walker. She had been sleeping rough in the tent in the wood.

In the Summer of 2011 I had arranged to meet a friend for coffee in St Albans, I parked well away from the town centre and this involved a walk across Verulamium Park where the old roman city was located. My journey took me over the River Ver and past one of the oldest pubs in the country, the Ye Olde Fighting Cocks Inn.

Before I got that far I saw attached to a lamp post a missing persons poster, an OAP with dementia had gone missing. I continued up the hill past the pub and into the Abbey grounds and then into the town centre where I met my friend. Whilst we were sat down talking I had the the vague headache start and I remarked about it jokingly saying "someone is trying to tell me something!" I have suspected for several years that I might have clairescence ability but haven't been able to develop beyond that.

Afterwards I walked back down the hill past the pub and had a quick look at the poster again, crossed the river and then stood at the ruins of the London gate. The headache came back and i closed my eyes, I could mentally hear someone saying "help". I looked in different directions and seemed to be coming from across the ruins and the parkland beyond. Something told me he was beyond the Hemel Hempstead road where there are the remain of an roman amphitheater and further back the ruins of Gorehambury house. Again I couldn't make my mind up to do the mile and a half walk, running the gauntlet of a gatekeeper at the amphitheater (they charge for entrance despite a public bridleway go straight past) and probably finding nothing or returning to my car, still a long walk away but my rods are in the boot and maybe

I decided to walk back to my car and when I did get back thought better of it. A few days later the mans body was found near the Gorehambury House ruins.

Sometimes I might see a missing person being reported in a newspaper and feel absolutely nothing, other times I get the headache, it has even happened when watch the tv news, a woman went missing on a night out, big police search but I knew they were looking in the wrong area, sure enough she had been murdered and left in a totally different area!

So do I don't exactly see dead people but may have a knack of finding them if they ask me (if that is what it is?) Can I, should I use dowsing to enhance this ability?
Merlin

Re: Asking permission - one for Grahame

Postby Merlin » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:35 pm

Just realised this should have been posted in Metaphysics & Spirituality
Merlin

Postby EEL » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:58 am

I've just read Grahams post on his website about permission.I agree - unless asked,I would'nt spend my time dowsing for the whereabouts of missing or murdered people that I did'nt know.I would have to ask myself why am I trying to help this particular person and not one of the thousands of others that are in the same situation.
For me personally, reading Grahams post is interesting timing as I have just discovered the Bovis scale and have just spent a week dowsing the BU's of everyhere and anyone.I have made some interesting discoveries about people that I know ie: an autistic friend measuring at 14,000 BU's and couples that have very similar BU's as well as known leader figures with frightenly low readings.I realise now that I don't really have the right to inspect their pranic energy levels without their permission Now that I have broken the rules in order to 'master' the scale, I will suppress my ego and refrain from divulging any results to anyone.
Graham -what would your thoughts be on using the Bovis scale to dowse the energy of someone who is no longer living, ie the energy that they used to have at a particular period in the past?
All the best - eel.
G
EEL

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:06 am

EEL wrote:-what would your thoughts be on using the Bovis scale to dowse the energy of someone who is no longer living, ie the energy that they used to have at a particular period in the past?

Ultimately it comes down to the question of what you want to do with such information. It's one thing to dowse the questions for your own research, but quite another thing to then publish that information in whatever form claiming it as perceived wisdom or 'truth' (whatever that is!).

I don't use the Bovis scale, I find it needlessly complicated. A simple percentage or a scale of -10 to +10 works for me. The trouble with any of these scales is that they always seem very subjective to the dowser concerned, and unless two dowsers are working together they are unlikely to both get the same result. I've yet to see any evidence of Bovis units, or any other scale, being an empirically objective means of comparison.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby EEL » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:13 am

Thanks for speedy reply Graham.So its ok not to ask the persons' permission before dowsing their energy as long as it is for my own personal research .If my research was, say, to find any correlation between the energy amongst members of the dowsing community-would I have the right to dowse yourself and anyone in the BSD?
I love the bovis scale - maybe I resonate with Mr Bovis's interpretation of scale.I came across him while finding out how to build a copper pyramid - he investigated the effects of concentrated energy found in the middle of these structures...or ' the fire in the middle'.
I've made a one metre long scale using paper, and have adjusted the proportions so that the 1000 -25000 zone is larger than the higher values and then lay it on edge of a table and whizz the L-rod along it.I have so many different scales (color spectrum, Depth in Mtrs, Width in Mtrs, timescale of present to 20,000BC ,+10/-10 etc), so have been thinking for a while now to transfer them onto one cloth scroll (leaving spare space to add any new ones).
I'm finding that healthy sacred sites are in the 20,000BU range(apart from Stonehenge which seems to be surprisingly low and that sick people are 4 to7,000, healthy people 8 to 10,000 and healers up to the 14,000's.So I seem to be synching with the scale.
Graham-If you were to use your -10/+10 scale to measure lifeforce strength , would your zero point be equivilent to the Bovis neutral point of 7500BU's?...if so, then your highest point would be restricted to 15,000 BU's .I suppose that everyone literally, has their own 'scale of things'.
-eel
EEL

Postby simonwheeler » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

So its ok not to ask the persons' permission before dowsing their energy as long as it is for my own personal research

Whether it's for "personal research" or not I think there are some pretty serious questions you need to be asking yourself. Bearing in mind the controversy at present over "the snoopers' charter" there are similar ethical and moral issues here.
There is also the fact that maybe, just maybe, if dowsing information comes from a Higher source (whatever that may mean...and there's a multitude of discussion points here) then intruding on others may result in unreliable data sets anyway.

I always try to take the line of most Purity and least Doubt with these sorts of things. Even the slightest possibility of straying from the "greatest good" (which is the short-hand philosophy I use when healing) can be damaging.
Intent must be linked with permissions....and that can be a range of permissions...
May I, Can I, Should I....a basic protocol. Then, or preferably beforehand, question your own motives and whence they come.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby EEL » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Simon -thanks for sound advice.I recently used the Bovis scale to remotely dowse the BU's of three different chiropractors that were available to me (a family member required some work done on them).One was reading much higher(14000BU's) than the other two(11,000 +12000) and so because I love the person that needed healing , I used the one who had the highest reading because I wanted 'the best' for them.I did ask that my dowsing be used for the greater good and understanding of pure truth beforehand(as always).Patient was healed after one session, which was great and healer had excellent, reassuring vibe which correlated with my reading so all's well.Now I realise that a bovis reading of their energy might not neccesarily mean they are going to connect the best and do the best for my loved one more than the healers with lower Bu readings.I should have dowsed for the ' best healer for the job' ...that would have possibly been a dowsing question that would have better served the patient.
EEL

Postby simonwheeler » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:47 pm

that would have possibly been a dowsing question that would have better served the patient.

yup- quite possibly. But we are learning all the time...and only by trying and making mitsakes (ho ho) or being successful...will that learning actually take us forward.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby DarkChestofWonders » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Another question you might like to tag on to your protocols which we were taught in the BSD Foundation class was,

"Is it appropriate for me to do this"

Or "Is it appropriate for me to dowse for........"

Watch out though, this has stopped me dead in my tracks a few times!
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
DarkChestofWonders

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

In these cases, I will ask “Can I help ?” If I get a “Yes”, then I take that as my permission and then have to find out how. If I get a “no””, I will ask “can you guys help? “ (after all, I’m not talking to myself) and, if I get a “Yes”, then I ask that they do so. If I get a “No” then I have to forget it.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Merlin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 pm

How does permission link to protecting yourself whilst dowsing?
Merlin

Return to Earth Energies