Help for remote energy dowsing

for matters relating to earth energy dowsing - leys, energy lines, feng-shui, geomancy etc.

Moderator: Grahame Gardner

Help for remote energy dowsing

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi,

I am dowsing a stone circle next month (March the 6th - Sighthill stone circle (modern)), the stone circle is a modern one and is astronomically aligned. I wanted to appeal as I have heard that the circle lacks much energy, the circle could be such an influential feature for the local folk there. It is in part my aim to try to leave there with having a positive influence on the circle, leaving them with something positive that can be used and appreciated. I am calling for volunteers to help dowse the circle remotely and hopefully see if some positive energy can be drawn to the sight, this is initially, and at intervals leading up to then so we can get an idea of what we are dealing with.

I stress, that that

a) you ask permission from the earth and the source of the energy we are requesting
b) we are trying to re-invigorate a place, for the use of good and no detriment should be allowed anywhere else - so please check where the energy is coming from and that it is ethical to use it
c) if you have any suggestions on how this can be done effectively then please contact me via private message

We are also looking for volunteers nearby to Glasgow who may be free to come down and give us a hand, this is not perhaps dowsing but aiding us to focus positive energy into the circle, something everyone is capable of. Hopefully myself and others will get to meet some great people, I am very much looking forward to it

Best Wishes

Tom

p.s Graham, would love to get some feedback / support on this one :-)
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Re: Help for remote energy dowsing

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Tom,
I am sorry, but I strongly disagree with your motives on this one. This is exactly the sort of unfocused, arrogant and scatter-gun approach that gives energy workers a bad name, and in my opinion it is wrong on so many levels.

Firstly, what gives you the right to work on this circle remotely or at all? Just because you have heard that the circle 'lacks energy' does not give you permission to work on it without establishing a clear relationship of your own with and obtaining permission from the site owner (or in this case as it is a public space, the site builder), the Spirit of Place and so on. I certainly don't feel that it is appropriate for you to be doing this work without first establishing a personal relationship by visiting the site in person. The circle is used by and means different things to many people; for example I know that it is used by local pagans for ceremony and various rituals, which will imbue the site with a certain energy; it is also used by the less mystically-inclined as a hangout for consuming cheap alcohol and who knows what other substances, which will imbue it with a different type of energy. Other people use it for picnics, and so on. Who are we to impose our own interpretation of what is right or wrong onto a multi-purpose site like this?

I told you that I had not found much of dowsing interest on my last dowsing visit to it, which was some years ago now when I was photographing it for a Stellarium landscape. The circle is astronomically aligned, and that was the intention behind it. It was not sited on an existing energetic power centre, i.e. over a crossing of energy lines and a rising water dome, and is actually sited partially above an old railway tunnel; nor was it geomantically or ceremonially activated with the intention of creating a sacred site at the time of its construction, to the best of my knowledge.

Now, I don't think I have the right to attempt to permanently alter the energetic signature of a public site like this without a clear idea of why I am doing so, and only if I have very explicit permission to do so as outlined above. I am humble enough to realise that there may be a very good reason why things are the way they are, and in public sites like this, I won't attempt to change things unless I have an extremely good reason to do so. I question whether you have such a reason in this case, as I certainly don't feel (or dowse) that I have permission to work on this one.

Secondly, what gives you the right to ask others to also work on it, especially on a public forum like this? You have no idea who is going to read this and no guarantee that their their motives are congruent with your own. If you want to work with people on a project like this, I would only do so if I either knew and had worked with them personally and felt they were trustworthy to do the work, or was present on the site in some sort of ceremonial context (at minimum, a class of dowsing students) and felt clearly that something had to be done. There is no guarantee that everyone has the same intention when working on something like this - simply asking for 'positive energy' is not good enough.

Thirdly, why do you feel you want to do this before you visit the site? Are you confident that your remote assessment (assuming that you have done one) of the site is accurate? In circumstances like this, I would personally always prefer to dowse on-site to get an accurate picture of what is going on. If, and only if, then I felt that some work was needed, I would establish connection with Spirit of Place and ask permission to work. In this case, I already know the site builder so would also ask them if it was OK.

I could go on, but you get the idea. By all means use the energies in a site to enhance your own spirituality when you are there, and leave a site better than you found it - and this can be as simple as cleaning up any rubbish (and I include previous 'offerings' in this category); but please, let's show some humility here. We don't know enough about what's going on with these energies to be going around blasting them willy-nilly through some misguided attempt to 'do the right thing'.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Grahame Gardner wrote:Tom,
I am sorry, but I strongly disagree with your motives on this one. This is exactly the sort of unfocused, arrogant and scatter-gun approach that gives energy workers a bad name, and in my opinion it is wrong on so many levels.

Firstly, what gives you the right to work on this circle remotely or at all? Just because you have heard that the circle 'lacks energy' does not give you permission to work on it without establishing a clear relationship of your own with and obtaining permission from the site owner (or in this case as it is a public space, the site builder), the Spirit of Place and so on. I certainly don't feel that it is appropriate for you to be doing this work without first establishing a personal relationship by visiting the site in person. The circle is used by and means different things to many people; for example I know that it is used by local pagans for ceremony and various rituals, which will imbue the site with a certain energy; it is also used by the less mystically-inclined as a hangout for consuming cheap alcohol and who knows what other substances, which will imbue it with a different type of energy. Other people use it for picnics, and so on. Who are we to impose our own interpretation of what is right or wrong onto a multi-purpose site like this?

I told you that I had not found much of dowsing interest on my last dowsing visit to it, which was some years ago now when I was photographing it for a Stellarium landscape. The circle is astronomically aligned, and that was the intention behind it. It was not sited on an existing energetic power centre, i.e. over a crossing of energy lines and a rising water dome, and is actually sited partially above an old railway tunnel; nor was it geomantically or ceremonially activated with the intention of creating a sacred site at the time of its construction, to the best of my knowledge.

Now, I don't think I have the right to attempt to permanently alter the energetic signature of a public site like this without a clear idea of why I am doing so, and only if I have very explicit permission to do so as outlined above. I am humble enough to realise that there may be a very good reason why things are the way they are, and in public sites like this, I won't attempt to change things unless I have an extremely good reason to do so. I question whether you have such a reason in this case, as I certainly don't feel (or dowse) that I have permission to work on this one.

Secondly, what gives you the right to ask others to also work on it, especially on a public forum like this? You have no idea who is going to read this and no guarantee that their their motives are congruent with your own. If you want to work with people on a project like this, I would only do so if I either knew and had worked with them personally and felt they were trustworthy to do the work, or was present on the site in some sort of ceremonial context (at minimum, a class of dowsing students) and felt clearly that something had to be done. There is no guarantee that everyone has the same intention when working on something like this - simply asking for 'positive energy' is not good enough.

Thirdly, why do you feel you want to do this before you visit the site? Are you confident that your remote assessment (assuming that you have done one) of the site is accurate? In circumstances like this, I would personally always prefer to dowse on-site to get an accurate picture of what is going on. If, and only if, then I felt that some work was needed, I would establish connection with Spirit of Place and ask permission to work. In this case, I already know the site builder so would also ask them if it was OK.

I could go on, but you get the idea. By all means use the energies in a site to enhance your own spirituality when you are there, and leave a site better than you found it - and this can be as simple as cleaning up any rubbish (and I include previous 'offerings' in this category); but please, let's show some humility here. We don't know enough about what's going on with these energies to be going around blasting them willy-nilly through some misguided attempt to 'do the right thing'.

Grahame,

wooaahhhh, jees mate,

I had better clarify a few things here, before you batter me any more,

but firstly when reading this i was hit by something, Im not sure if it was intended but I have requested to return to where it belongs. I have been throbbing for 20 minutes, with anxiety and other emotions - I see my post has caused offence and firstly I want you to step back for a minute and listen to my response. It was not caused to offend in any context and was a genuine post without anger or any emotion other than one of good and trying to help.

What gives me the right, well firstly I have contacted the site owners > Linda and she asked me to dowse the circle. I also have sent an itinerary with what perhaps we could do, she has confirmed that this is o.k. I also have looked at the site in photos and connected with the site, and I have a sense that it is weak in energy, now this comes to me in a sense that it needs help. I cannot dowse this as for some reason I cannot dowse this remotely, as other things. I feel a connection with the site and i also feel it is asking me for help.

Now I understand only too well what you describe, and feel free to read the posts in the forum. I have learnt this the hard way> please see sorrow in a stone circle. I have come a long way since then and normally don't attempt to do energy work, I just dont feel it is my place. This however is different, I feel the site is reassuring me even now about this and that it is o.k, If i could dowse this i would get a definite yes as I know my senses and feelings in relation to dowsing.

I further posted this to confirm this, and to find out about the energy of the site just to make sure > and this being a dowsing forum thought the best way was to do it publicly, as quite frankly everybody does. I may have this wrong and can only apologise if this is the case. I don't know enough dowsers locally or even in person, to do this which is a shame but I have made numerous attempts to connect with other dowsers and honestly not a good response in the past.

The intention as described to Linda, was to see if we could get the locals together to focus our energy in the circle and heal it, these are the people who will be using the circle and its fitting they take an active involvement, I have suggested bringing instruments and crystals as intent will be the force used. Perhaps i should have explained this, perhaps you should have waited before jumping to conclusions.

I am not claiming to permanently alter a site, I am responding to a cry for help, and if you all come back and get that i am wrong, then no work will be done. I was trying to bring people together and do some good man, and personally i think its arrogant of you to suggest otherwise without first checking my intentions, and have you spoken to Linda?

I am seen on the forum as an "energy rebel", and throughout my life have had to deal with negative connotations from individuals, you see Im empathic, and I pick up on the slightest intents, I do my best to brush them off, but its becoming very hard to use the forum, and I am not sure I am going to be able to do it for much longer, you see I have my journey and life is far too short to fight against one another when the intentions are quite obviously pure and good.

It is a shame that this has happened, a great shame, but irrespective of this

I wish only good things , and realise you are doing your best and your intentions are good

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi Tom;

My apologies Tom, my remarks were not solely addressed at you, but also towards the casual reader of this forum, as posts such as yours could encourage any old dabblers to get involved in this task, which I think is unethical as I explained. I do have a certain 'duty of care' on here as I don't wish the BSD to be seen to be endorsing unethical behaviour. I have no doubt that your intentions are good, but you cannot speak for anyone else, and that's why I disagree with your general 'call to arms' approach.

ledgehammer wrote:I have contacted the site owners > Linda and she asked me to dowse the circle. I also have sent an itinerary with what perhaps we could do, she has confirmed that this is o.k. I also have looked at the site in photos and connected with the site, and I have a sense that it is weak in energy, now this comes to me in a sense that it needs help. I cannot dowse this as for some reason I cannot dowse this remotely, as other things. I feel a connection with the site and i also feel it is asking me for help.

Well now, if you had explained that from the start I wouldn't have come down on you so hard. You have a clear line of permission to work, and as I said to you in email I'd be delighted to join you if I am free (although that is looking less likely at the moment).
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Grahame Gardner wrote:Hi Tom;

My apologies Tom, my remarks were not solely addressed at you, but also towards the casual reader of this forum, as posts such as yours could encourage any old dabblers to get involved in this task, which I think is unethical as I explained. I do have a certain 'duty of care' on here as I don't wish the BSD to be seen to be endorsing unethical behaviour. I have no doubt that your intentions are good, but you cannot speak for anyone else, and that's why I disagree with your general 'call to arms' approach.

ledgehammer wrote:I have contacted the site owners > Linda and she asked me to dowse the circle. I also have sent an itinerary with what perhaps we could do, she has confirmed that this is o.k. I also have looked at the site in photos and connected with the site, and I have a sense that it is weak in energy, now this comes to me in a sense that it needs help. I cannot dowse this as for some reason I cannot dowse this remotely, as other things. I feel a connection with the site and i also feel it is asking me for help.

Well now, if you had explained that from the start I wouldn't have come down on you so hard. You have a clear line of permission to work, and as I said to you in email I'd be delighted to join you if I am free (although that is looking less likely at the moment).

Grahame,

Thankyou, :-)

I am not a great communicator, and realise your point is valid,

how would you suggest I proceed, do you know who would be good dowsers to contact for this work?

To be honest its more about the people and trying to to good at the site, I just felt it may help if we knew what we were up against (not just from me but other sources), and if anything positive could be done a few days prior to aid in the intent at the actual site.

Best

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:27 am

If its any help I dowse a natural Sacred Site a short distance away about 0.48 of a mile south/east of Sighthill Stone Circle close to Stirling Road and the A803, its a circle I feel 4300 years old and about 28 feet wide, its powerful and between houses there.Other places may exist in the city, but its the closest to the man made site I can find, I have no idea if the natural power of this site can be promoted to move, but folk visiting would be moved/changed/lifted, those people with eyes and hearts that are open...Ancient sites reach out to folk, after you visit you will never be the same again, you become known to the forces, and the forces will accept those with good hearts and minds.
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Mike,

thanks for your reply,

unfortunately the circle and park are due to be removed, however the support to save the circle was tremendous with two concerts going on, one of which was enjoyed by myself.

There are plans to create a labyrinth or a similar feature in the area that the local community can use, its being regarded as an opportunity in a positive light which is good, will have to wait and see.

best

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby mike » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:14 am

Are they looking for open ground in Glasgow to build something for the people Tom, I would be happy to take another look and find an area where natural strong forces exist that would enhance any site, a stone circle or anything, the natural forces would lift anything placed there, and make peoples thoughts/prays that much stronger.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 am

Tom three sites close together near the M80 if the Google picture is not outdated offer the Council a site where strong natural forces exist, that would fit any ancient site or place where folk would like to walk and absorb influence of a higher kind.While its open ground the influences there are like Stonehenge or Rollright Stones or Avebury and would offer exciting things, its north/east of Glasgow City Centre, and from what I can see are unmarked and open.The Shepherds Race Maze near Northampton has such influence, and once was a place of magic to folk, now lost but still a bright light in a dark sky for those with eyes to see.I date all three sites to 3300 years old, and I feel they all formed as one on a energy line there,it would lift and change anyone walking there,a place of true magic in this busy world.
mike

Postby ledgehammer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:22 pm

mike wrote:Tom three sites close together near the M80 if the Google picture is not outdated offer the Council a site where strong natural forces exist, that would fit any ancient site or place where folk would like to walk and absorb influence of a higher kind.While its open ground the influences there are like Stonehenge or Rollright Stones or Avebury and would offer exciting things, its north/east of Glasgow City Centre, and from what I can see are unmarked and open.The Shepherds Race Maze near Northampton has such influence, and once was a place of magic to folk, now lost but still a bright light in a dark sky for those with eyes to see.I date all three sites to 3300 years old, and I feel they all formed as one on a energy line there,it would lift and change anyone walking there,a place of true magic in this busy world.

Mike,

I don't know what is happening to the campaign to be honest, I haven't been involved since the gig due to travelling and then fatherhood, among other things.

I think the key is selecting a site that both the council and the spiritualist community can agree on! Your observations may come in really handy!

Ill pass it on and see where it goes :-)

best

Tom
ledgehammer

Postby Grahame Gardner » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Mike,

I think you're going to need to post a map picture if you can - or maybe provide OS coordinates? I have an idea of where you are talking about, but I suspect the terrain would not be suitable for the stone circle, which requires an elevated position with good sightlines.
Grahame
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby mike » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:48 am

I agree a high position where the stones could be seen from a distance is more special, but the Rollrights like other sites dont command high ground yet remain very wonderful and powerful, well they did but I feel at the moment they are not what they used to be.I think the most important thing to any ancient site is its link to the energy forces, same as Churches, but we all make our own minds up in the end what every place has to offer.I dont know how to post a Google picture up here of the position I believe special for Glasgow, so I will ask Simon if he can do this for me,I will locate the area and the position of each Sacred Site, and hope something can be done the Council will deem worthy for the good folk of Glasgow, my gift to the Jocks bless them all.
mike

Postby mike » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Grahame Gardner wrote:Hi Mike,

I think you're going to need to post a map picture if you can - or maybe provide OS coordinates? I have an idea of where you are talking about, but I suspect the terrain would not be suitable for the stone circle, which requires an elevated position with good sightlines.

Been full of cold and flu,but I will post a map asap friends, keep the faith,might even try the Scottish fire water to clear the body and mind, well perhaps not, you would have to wait even longer HIC. :lol:
mike

Postby Grahame Gardner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:59 am

mike wrote:Been full of cold and flu,but I will post a map asap friends, keep the faith,might even try the Scottish fire water to clear the body and mind, well perhaps not, you would have to wait even longer HIC. :lol:

Aye, get a wee whisky toddy doon yer neck son! :mrgreen:
Grahame
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby BobD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Seriously? You guys are going to try "boosting" an existing site where no Earth Energies currently exist? I've always worked the other way around, finding, say, an Electromagnetic Vortex and helping others locate it for a possible labyrinth site. Or I'll work to redirect human-negative energies around a dwelling. But I have doubts about doing some sort of "wizard" thing, using my intentions to create or enhance an energy site. Guess I just don't have the spiritual cajones for this.
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
BobD

Next

Return to Earth Energies