The Catstones

for matters relating to earth energy dowsing - leys, energy lines, feng-shui, geomancy etc.

Moderator: Grahame Gardner

Re: The Catstones

Postby Frank E Earp » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Cat Annis or Black Annis, is a Leicestershire legend. She was a blue faced witch or hag who lived in a cave (Black Annis Bower) in the Dane Hills just out side the City. She was said to eat children and unwary travelers and hang their skins from the trees about her cave. If you google the name you should find plenty of information. Her name Annis may be derived from Annu a Celtic goddess. I have found that Nottingham is very much associated with May Day, - Beltane and the goddess in her spring maid form. However further south in Leicestershire there is evidence of the goddess in her winter form. The Cat Stone site has a May Day sunrise line to Sunrise Hill around 3 miles away at Bestwood. In the opposite direction this line marks the Samain sunset, (1st Nov.) The legend tells how the winter goddess surrenders her power to the spring maid by laying down her staff and turning her self to stone, with the rays of the sun on May morning. As the sun set at Samain she rise again. The site perfectly enacts this legend and as Cat Annis appears to be a local name for the goddess the what better name for the stone which represents her. However, the stones as we see it today is not the one originally called the Cat Stone. This was around one hundred yards to the south and was lost due to quarrying. The name is said to have been given because this stone resembled a cat laying down. Photos of the stone do not give this imprecision.
Frank.
Frank E Earp

Postby Helen-Healing » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Yes, that's what my link said! :P
Helen-Healing

Postby Frank E Earp » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:16 pm

Relating to the Cat Stones and returning the subject back to dowsing. There is a site on the road at the foot of the Cat Stone Hill, where the pre-historic track joins and becomes the village road. It was at the point that the ancient village cross once stood. The road and track then lead north past the church. This 200 yard or so section has very strong dowsing results. Many years ago I was dowsing this part of the ancient track. I was a little self-conscious so was looking out for passers-by. As I was in the middle of the road a young women on a horse approached from the direction of the church. I decided to retreat back onto the pavement to let her pass. Before I did so, I placed a small stone on the road to mark the spot I had just dowsed so that I could pick up after the horse and rider had passed. I retreated well back from where I had finished dowsing but kept my eye on my marker. The horse trotted on until it came to my marker and then stopped dead as if it had walked into a brick wall. The girl was forced to spur it on several times before it would move.
Frank.
Frank E Earp

Postby mike » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Horses are very prone to natural earth forces, and will not settle in a barn where Black Water Lines pass, they detect the forces and will not feed or settle, found this in Wiltshire many Moons ago, while crop circle hunting.Be interesting to know if the line you found passed at the point where the horse would not cross,your dowsing could have excited the line to pulse stronger at that precise moment perhaps.

True story of a lady rider who was riding her horse, when she saw a very black ball rise from the field where she was passing in Wiltshire, the horse saw the ball and would NOT pass close, she had to force it past the area.
mike

Postby Frank E Earp » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:28 pm

I don't know if my second post has been displayed or if anyone is still reading about this topic. I am new to this kind of site. However I feel I can make a valuable contribution and learn something my self. Just one more thing on the Sat Stones. It was my old friend George, who began this topic. I do not know when he last visited the site, but I imagine it was a long time ago. A number of years ago the site was very badly damage by vandals. I would imagine that they were also treasure seekers. A stolen car was driven up to the site and the vehicle was used to pull the large earth-fast stones from the ground. I think I may have been partially responsible for this having published a booklet and given talks on the site. I have been trying ever since to appeal to the local council (who own the land) to have the site restored and recognised. So-far, I have had no luck. I am hopping to start taking people around the site again this year.
Frank (Earp).
Frank E Earp

Previous

Return to Earth Energies