Using a suspended pendulum

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

Using a suspended pendulum

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:41 pm

I don’t know if this has been discussed before or not.

A dowser friend told me that when she suspended her pendulum from an object ( other than her fingers ) it responded to her questions in exactly the same way as if she was holding it.

Does anyone have a clue as to why this should happen . ?

?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Re: Using a suspended pendulum

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Does anyone have a clue as to why this should happen . ?

Hi Geoff,

I think the question should be 'does anyone have a clue as to HOW this COULD happen?

Seriously, she must be holding the object that the pendulum is attached to, or the table that said object is sitting on. Or else we're talking about psycho-kinesis, which seems highly unlikely.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby simonwheeler » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 pm

I know it's not a step that far, but I thought I would add this from a few years back:

Re: Dowsing Rods and their usage

Postby simonwheeler » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:15 pm

Grahame Gardner wrote:
Thanks Simon. I was going to mention the aurameter, but then I decided not to do the 'hard sell' straight away, but lull her into a false sense of security first..!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're welcome. You know me- any mention of tools for dowsing and I start singing the praises of the aurameter.

Can't recall if I've told this story on here, but anyway....:

I was using my aurameter to dowse and felt I wanted to give that a rest and use a pendulum instead. So I tucked the aurameter, handle part first, into the back pocket of my jeans. I then started to use my pendulum to ask yes/no questions.
Unbeknownst to me, but reported by the person standing behind me, whenever I asked a question, not only did the pendulum move...so did the aurameter. It seemed to be "in sympathy with" the pendulum and responses. So much so that even though the person behind couldn't see the pendulum, they knew what the answer to the question was because of the reaction of the aurameter in my back pocket.

8) 8) 8) :P :P
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 am

Thanks Grahame and Simon for your inpit.

"Seriously, she must be holding the object that the pendulum is attached to, or the table that said object is sitting on. Or else we're talking about psycho-kinesis, which seems highly unlikely." and Simon#s reference to the possibility of a ssympathetic reaction.

Those particular points also occured to me and I must admit that I viewed what she sid with some disbelief so I checked with her whether she was connected,physically, in any way with her pendulum and she said "no". I then dowsed whethershe was, in any way, responsible for moving that suspended pendulum and got NO. Was it being moved by an "external agency" ? YES.

Well, this does take some believing. I am now experimting with a suspened pendulum and if I gt any similar response to my friends, I will let you know.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

The lady has now told me that when her arm got tired from holding the pendulum, she hung it from a lamp on her desk and it worked just as well there. I have not been able to repeat that kind of thing.....yet.
Geoff

Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm

I’m pretty convinced that the lady is using psycho kinesics to move that pendulum suspended from the table lamp. It would appear that she has a very powerful mind. I asked if I could do it and got NO. !
Geoff

Geoff Stuttaford

Postby mike » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Sounds very interesting this, to me I would not dismiss anything but try and repeat it, after all someone always has to be the first to make the Earth move.Might a suspended pendulum work in the aura of someone, or standing very close perhaps, well worth a try, nothing ventured nothing gained. 8) I dont use a pendulum often, but I will try this when I get a chance.
mike

Return to General