New to site, intro

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

New to site, intro

Postby TerraKacher » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:21 am

Hello mates,

My name is Jan, I'm 62 and retired and I'm also a male by birth and will stay that way.

I started Dowsing about 30 years ago, not sure how I started, but someone showed me how and I just caught on. I normally use two copper L shaped rods. They sit loosely in my fist upright. I have use them to find water pipes in the ground and under concrete. Those people who come out with the electronic ground finder for wires and water, you know "call before you dig" service. Well I have located with my rods, and then they came and laid their paint right on top of my lines. I've laid a measuring tape on the ground with my eyes blind folded, and the bars cross. Freaks out my wife.

But he is the most amazing part. When I walk or drive under a power line, the rods go out away from each other. When I have driven under and passed on, they go back. ----< >----- :Like this. I can't explain why it does that. What is really freaky, when my wife is driving and I have either one or both out in my hands, every power line we go under they move out and then quickly back in. Thats EVERY power line we go under, above us on the road. One road had about a dozen lines from a pole to a house, out in, out in, out in, etc etc. not in back to middle, but to when they are ready to go straight out in front. So out to the side, then back to front.

I recently got into panning for Gold, I haven't tried to dowse for Gold yet, our hills where our club's claim is located, this time of year is under about 4' of snow and the river is most likely frozen over till March.

Has anyone else ever have your devices act the way mine do around power lines?
TerraKacher

Re: New to site, intro

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:58 pm

I presume that immediately you are approaching these overhead lines you are holding your rods normally, that is, pointing ahead. If so, you are in what could be called a “dowsing mode” and would consequently pick u any energies that were around you such as water which also emits an energy.

Your rids, in the cases you mention, would be picking up the electromagnetic energy coming from the overhead lines. The energy is normally in a circle around the lines and can. In most cases reach ground level. I have found that, under grid lines carrying about 330,000 volts, that the distance from the centre of the line to the edge of the circle can be 75 paces on both sides of the lines. So, I this case, when I approached the line at right angles, my rods would go outwards when I was 75 paces away from the lines and stay that way until I was 75 paces on the other side of the lines. This distance would always depend on the strength of the electromagnetic field emanating from the lines and that would depend on the voltage being transmitted.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby simonwheeler » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:57 pm

You might enjoy watching this.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks for reminding me about that Richard Box video Simon, I hadn't seen it for some years!

In answer to Jan's question, the topic of dowsing for overhead power lines came up recently, I think it was Ian who posted this New Scientist test with Heinz Wolff, about Tony Hopwood's dowsing of overhead cables.

There was also this blog post criticising the test protocol, and Hopwood's original New Scientist article. So it is definitely possible to dowse for overhead power lines.

As to why the rods open out instead of crossing, this might just be the way they react to that particular energy. You can actually 'train' your rods to do this - I've trained mine to open out for energy lines and to cross for water.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to General