Priory ley. Isle of Wight.

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

Priory ley. Isle of Wight.

Postby Gray » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi all.. I had reason to visit the Priory Bay Hotel, Seaview this Summer. I drove down the driveway into a gravel car park set amongst trees. As I approached the hotel entrance my eyes were drawn above the archway towards a handsome stone relief sculpture of St George killing the dragon. It was posed in the classic style depicting the serpentine dragon writhing beneath St. George and his horse. The hotel estate was a monastery/priory until Tudor times and has since been occupied mostly as a manorial style private residence. Artefacts dating back 3,700 years have been found on site. I had a strong feeling that due to the fact that it was on hallowed turf and populated since the stone age, it may be a good candidate for a ley line search.
When I arrived back home I took out my ordnance survey 1.25.000 map. After a quick search, I drew a straight line from the Priory Bay Hotel on the north east coast directly through three villages and nineteen miles of countryside, finishing at Chilton Chine on the south west coast, then out to sea for a few metres, south of Hardman Rock. The mentioned features in thefollowing villages would only be metres from the pencil drawn line.....Priory Bay Hotel. One of the owners from 1930 to 1937 coincidentally was a "Lady St. George". Also the ghost of a girl in a blue dress. The site is recorded as the oldest site of habitation in the UK. So I pencilled in eight straight miles to Arreton Old Village, taking in Mersley Down and tumuli along the way. Lovely church dedicated to St George, Arreton Manor, another ghost of a girl in a blue dress?. White Lion Inn and Dairy Man's Daughter public houses, small lakes, craft shops etc........ Then up and over St. Georges Down.three and a half miles to Gatcombe Village. Bonny small church of St Olav, girlie ghost!, Gatcombe Manor House and a Lake.......Then onwards over the downs for five miles, through the heart of the museum into the charming village of Brightstone, brushing the Three Bishops Inn, the small museum and the beautiful Church of St. Mary the Virgin. Then a couple of miles to Chilton Chine and the sea. Well got the gear now and am looking forward to my first dowsing session. Will report back anything of interest. Cheers Gray.
Last edited by Gray on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gray

Re: Priory ley. Isle of Wight.

Postby mike » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Gray you make a good point, and Im sure you are right about the St George figure, the Priory Bay Hotel is a sort of T shape, and from the sea to the east a Ley comes in which crosses the main house and runs down the T shape towards the west and perhaps the front door...And if you dowse in the main house is another Ley from the north,which is much reduced but would have crossed the east Ley, and might have produced a very powerful Sacred Site right within the hotel main building. No wonder the monks/people would place those figures outside when the site was active and alive, but not today Im afraid, because in my opinion the north Ley is reduced/broken on the mainland in Paulsgrove Lake/Port Solent right where the quay bends into the Lake,a steel pile must have grounded this Ley right where the quay bends to the left a little.The Ley is active and alive on the quays north side, but reduced/broken on the quays south side, if this pile was removed the Priory would become a wonderful powerful place again with strong clockwise earth forces of radial and concentric forces moving away from where both Leys cross in the main building in my opinion.
mike

Postby TN FireWalker » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:17 am

Gray, looking forward to hearing of your great adventure. Sounds like a magaical place to Doswe.
Good dowsing and make sure you take notes for that wonderful book that I'm sure you will write sometime in the future.
Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy
TN FireWalker

Postby Gray » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:37 pm

Thank you Mike and Nancy. Just on stepping from the car it felt a very soothing place. Never thought I would say that about a car park. I am thinking about the ley coming in from the sea, starting from the South West, (Chiltern Chine) land wise and taking the North easterly route to The Priory.
Gray

Return to General