Dowsing resulted in a large circle

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

Dowsing resulted in a large circle

Postby looby » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:45 pm

I started dowsing a few days ago. I seem to have developed a way of understanding the rods, I say where now and one of them sort of moves round to the way I should go, then as I get nearer the rods start to narrow before making a cross. Now I have no idea what I am dowsing for, I first asked them as advised, to find things that I knew the answers to, like the water main and where a person had died in my house and it seemed to work. I started working on a part of my land, which I have always felt seems to have some kind of 'power'. When I first moved here, I made a willow circle after asking the land what to do (which sounds a bit weird, but someone told me to do that and that is what happened). So I kept finding areas where the rods crossed and pushed some small sticks into the ground, after about an hour, I kept being guided to the same spots, so got some much longer canes to put in to see what I was doing. I seem to have a circle, I checked again yesterday with my partner watching and kept coming to the same places, he looked at me in that way he has, but he said he couldn't explain it. What do you think it may be that I have found?, I believe that I am looking for some kind of energy which I feel is here. I may be doing this completely wrong, I just read the instruction leaflet and things started to work? any light you could shed on this would be really appreciated
looby

Re: Dowsing resulted in a large circle

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am

Hi Looby, and welcome to the forum.

It is critical to focus on exactly what you are looking for when dowsing, otherwise you pick up on all sorts of spurious signals, which makes it nigh-impossible to figure out what you are finding. Having said that, a circular feature is something that you might expect to result from a blind spring, what the Americans call a water dome.

Check to see if you can dowse individual water veins radiating from the centre of the circle, and also to see if there is a vortex energy in the middle - this causes a characteristic spinning motion of the rods, caused by a rising vortex of energy from the blind spring.

A look through the BSD glossary of terms will prove valuable in assisting you to identify things.

Good luck!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby looby » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 pm

Thanks very much Grahame, I will give that a go.
looby

Postby mike » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi Looby,
If you are getting movement however small or weird your doing something right mate, the trick is to ask questions with ONLY yes or no answers first, then when you are happy with doing that, open up with bigger questions more complex.Start small and work up to anything you wish to ask for, the more you dowse the better you will get Lobby, even if you do the same sort of dowsing questions over and over to get you improving. walk before you start to run mate..And always ask for protection from higher forces to keep you safe while you dowse, as you open doors that sometimes should remain shut, you need higher forces to keep you safe, as you never know what you might meet. Honest Lobby its something I do and Im sure all the folks here on the forum, its important you DONT take anything home with you afterwards working in the fields or ancient sites or even indoors, some bad things are out there,but well done for taking the first step.
mike

Postby looby » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Further to this post, and thank you for taking the time to answer me, for some reason I am not being notified when someone has commented. I have two friends who do dowsing with a pendulum and they have been round to see what is going on. I think that what I have found may well be an ancient ceremonial site, possibly a Rath or Fairy fort, I have a feeling that it may have been a wooden structure with in inner and outer circle as we found more places just outside what I had found , there is also an 'altar' area where there is some very strong energy and made my friends pendulum go a bit mad, I had found two doorways a way in and a way out we think. I am planning on excavating a small area to see if I can find anything. A lot of the canes on the inner circle are all 19 of my paces apart from one side to the other. There is an official Rath just down the road from me, so it is possible that there is another one not far away
looby

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 am

looby wrote:Further to this post, and thank you for taking the time to answer me, for some reason I am not being notified when someone has commented.

Click on the 'Subscribe topic' link at the bottom of the screen to be notified of new posts.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to General