Yet another "Modest Proposal."

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

Yet another "Modest Proposal."

Postby Migrant » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:54 pm

What follows is pure chaotic opinion, supported by things I feel are true, and would like to have your opinion of ...

I for one see a gradual increase in the acceptance of things which once were thought weird and bizarre. Garlic and olive oil reached my Yorkshire fastness in the 90's. Homeopathy and acupuncture are no longer the exclusive domain of charlatans and fraudsters, and UFOs and crop circles are very hard to dismiss as marsh gas and two drunks with a plank and a length of string.

Dowsing is different. The Military Industrial Complex uses it increasingly, and they have zero interest in public acceptance or understanding of the art. They appear to be rather careful about what we know, and therefore will include all military dowsing activity with that information which is covered by the Official Secrets Act.
I know - I've signed it. And I don't want to say to much about it.

They will foster the raised eyebrow of the news presenter, and the derision of the unaware, and those of us who follow the divining path should realise that we are on dangerous ground.

We are now utilising military technology.

So should we hope for mainstream acceptance, or expect ridicule from the Media?

All thoughts welcome ...

migrant.
Migrant

Re: Yet another "Modest Proposal."

Postby mike » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:31 pm

I have never thought of dowsing as evil and the work of the Devil, but a friend who was a born again christian stopped talking to me when I told him I dowse as a hobby. I dont really understand any religion who thinks dowsing is the work of the Devil, as I do a lot of things that many might consider GOOD WORKS, and Im sure the World is a better place after clearing bad lines that affected folk. Its hard to convince folk who dont dowse just what you do, and how it works, but anyone who does dowse knows you have tapped into an old and respected gift and leaves you to get on with it. While we dont force feed others with dowsing and the many doors it can open, the media and some people just will NOT accept it works or has any place in the world today. So be it, dowse and enjoy every moment I say, I remember an old saying I heard, do as you wish when ever you wish, as long as it harms no body and nothing.......Good advice.
mike

Postby Helen-Healing » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:55 pm

mike wrote: do as you wish when ever you wish, as long as it harms no body and nothing.......Good advice.

"An it harm none, do what ye will." A Wiccan Rede.
Helen-Healing

Postby Helen-Healing » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Migrant wrote:So should we hope for mainstream acceptance, or expect ridicule from the Media?

The latter, I fear, migrant, for a long time to come! :roll:
Helen-Healing

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:09 am

I feel this thread probably belongs under General discussion. I also think that Migrant is wearing a cloak of mystery, as if he is telling us that he is privy to information that he then refuses to discuss. What part of the Official Secrets Act covers dowsing? Oh no, can't tell you that, it's an official secret! Well then it might cover just about anything.

If the military are using dowsing then it is they who are using something that belongs to all, it is not their intellectual property, so I don't know what is meant by "dangerous ground".

There is evidence that the military have used dowsing but it is fairly anecdotal and there's a thread somewhere that deals with this.

I haven't seen a whole lot of coverage of dowsing in the media of late, if anything it seems to be in decline. I expect that it will return to the small screen eventually, and it usually does us the power of good, regardless of whether it is positive or negative. So if they want to ridicule us I say bring it on, the last time they tried that, the BSD office phone didn't stop ringing for days.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:08 am

Ian Pegler wrote:I feel this thread probably belongs under General discussion

I agree Ian. I'm moving it to the 'General' section.

The previous thread on military use of dowsing can be found here.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby mike » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:03 pm

"An it harm none, do what ye will." A Wiccan Rede.

I always thought the Rollrights to be a Wiccan place, I well remember when I stood at the old fence gate of the King Stone one Sunday morning and said in my head, I would love to hug the stone .At that precise moment the gate swung open in front of me, and I was shocked, I could not move for a moment, but I could hear people on the road behind me and didnt want to get thrown out opening or climbing the fence....Its a place you are never alone even when no people are around, as the atmosphere and magic of the site reaches out and you hear voices and laughing of happy folk, rain hail or snow its a wonderful place and uplifting.
mike

Return to General