Couple Found dead On Breydon Water Norfolk

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!

Couple Found dead On Breydon Water Norfolk

Postby mike » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:03 pm

I know this part of the country so well, being born at Yarmouth and spending most of my early life walking Breydon and the marshes both sides of the river Yare. The couple were found on the mudflats at the east end of Breydon Water, and I know from the tide flow there they must have jumped together from the road over the Yare near the bridge to be found where they were. On a flood tide anything floating or close to the surface would be swept towards this side of the river which is close to the Rail Station and large shopping area at the bottom of Acle Road..Question is why would someone choose to jump from here to end their life, something must have been very wrong to have done this, was it a question of health with one or both of them ? What ever that answer is they are both at peace now, where nothing can ever hurt them again,and they are together forever.God Bless.
mike

Re: Couple Found dead On Breydon Water Norfolk

Postby mike » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Never got a lot of sleep last night thinking of that couple and the circumstances, but looking on the web it seems the bridge at Gt Yarmouth has had a number of people trying to jump in the YARE below and ending their lives.I have not been home for a while and have lost touch with local events and whats been going on there, but I find it very hard to believe folks would do this, they have to be at an extremely low point to even think of this way out.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:23 pm

That part of the river where they jumped is a swirling mass of whirl pools on the flood tide, even a strong swimmer would be hard pushed to keep afloat, most people would have little chance if they fell in there,let alone jumped. I cannot imagine a worst place to be, but that means nothing to the people who have lost everything, or face medical problems in the extreme, its a means to an end.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Watching the TV the other night it was about locals in Gt Yarmouth hitting low points being out of work and having no money or jobs, looks like the situation there is very bad on local people.With the Summer lots of part time jobs are going, but come the end of the summer its back on the dole with little in the way of any jobs in the local area.Its a very hard time during winter, the weather is bad and you cannot get out much, and no job or money I know whats its like, its how I finished up working in Coventry all those years ago.Im sure its the same in many towns up and down the country at this moment, I just hope things pick up and people can get back to a steady job again....It might explain the thought of those two people jumping off the bridge into the Yare river, dispair at the idea of no money or job and little comfort in the future at Yarmouth....With my legs and back the way they are I can never imagine walking the Breydon Walls again any time soon, but I can call up Google Earth and walk the marshes anytime as I did in the past.Its a big comfort to visit the places I used to walk every day in the Summer and each weekend in the Winter, I just wish I had a pound for every hour I spent there as a lad, I remember good times with friends who are not here now, God bless them all.The memory of those times will live long with me, and they keep me alert and open to thoughts both of the past and the future,while my legs dont work well now,my memory is good and I bless that fact.
mike

Return to General