Challenging talk

for esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.

Challenging talk

Postby arthur hamlin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Just wondering if anyone is interested in the discussions that occurs on Saga Zone.
I believe anyone can tune in but to take part you need to be logged in - you may need to be over 50 - can`t be sure.
Anyway I am often defending Dowsing activity and the beliefs we have while answering disbelievers who put up a strong case to say that we are fantasizing etc. It can be quite challenging and thankfully am able to say that we have people like Jim Lyons who experiences from a more scientific angle to quieten those who say dowsing has to come under scientific scrutiny to be believed.
Sorry, this may be one reason why I have not subscribed to the BSD forum lately.
I suppose I just like to state my beliefs or to see a hard hitting debate by two people of opposing views especially on metaphysical subjects.
arthur hamlin

Re: Challenging talk

Postby Ian Pegler » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 am

Du you have a links to particular threads of relevance?

cheers

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby arthur hamlin » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Sorry Ian I don`t,
They certainly have very varied active forum sites with much debating.
Sometimes you will see your interested subject listed with many comments and another time its not there because whoever comments last on another topic can shove your topic out of sight. But you can click on to see a record of your input and when you scroll down will see replies/comments by others and can bring that topic back into view.
I still haven`t got round to say click here and hey presto there is your subject - sorry.
arthur hamlin

Postby Grahame Gardner » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Glad to have you back Arthur. We've missed you.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby arthur hamlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks Grahame,
I haven`t been far away and still look at the forum site to see what interests me and others here.
Once you get over to say Saga Zone Forum Site and make a contribution on a metaphysical subject you soon get pounced upon and asked to prove it. Of course we know that can be difficult sometimes although when I mention dowsers such as George Applegate with his wonderful record of water finding many think its sheer chance and will not believe that unseen energies have helped achieve that success.
Many are of scientific persuasion and are asking for testing to see its viability.
But I find this tests you out too because it makes you work hard to achieve a convincing case.
I am thankful as a Dowser we have people of a scientific persuasion in the BSD too to put their explanations across as they experience.
A bit like table tennis or other challenging game but quite good fun and appreciate the exercise.
arthur hamlin

Postby Helen-Healing » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Arthur - I think you will find that once people reach a certain age (ie 'Saga age'), nothing you will ever say to them will change their opinions!! You might as well bang your head against a brick wall! Image Waste of time!

I belong to a wrinklies' forum too (not Saga) & I go there less & less, as the stuff they discuss is so mundane & trivial, and the responses so predictable, that I have totally lost interest.
It doesn't say much for us as an age group, does it?! :roll:
Helen-Healing

Return to Metaphysics & Spirituality