Is the podcast dead?

Forum section for comments and discussion about our podcasts

Is the podcast dead?

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi Graeme,

I see that the podcast hasn't been updated for a while now. Have you come to the end of the line with it - or can we expect more soon? Are you waiting for conference to get new material, perhaps?

It would be a shame for the podcast to end as I get a lot out of hearing dowsers from around the world discuss their specialities, and use the podcast as a means of expanding my own dowsing horizons.

Long live the podcast!
Vapour Trail.
Vapour Trail

Re: Is the podcast dead?

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 pm

Hi VP;

No, the podcast is not dead - I've just been having an unusually busy summer and haven't found the time to put another episode together. There's still plenty of material awaiting my attention, but it does take a fair bit of time to go through it all and edit it together into something usable.
Hopefully next month when the Edinburgh Festival is over... :roll:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Alan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I am new on here but been listening to the podcasts for over a year, really good and hope it can become regular but also understand the work involved
Keep at it, your doing a great job G
Alan

Postby Vapour Trail » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Graeme,

I completely understand about the time it takes. I ran my own podcast up until the summer months then completely ran out of time! I hope they re-surface soon because I always enjoy them.

If you want any assistance with sound processing or editing I have the facilities to help you out with that, should you need to offload some of that work?

Regards,
VT.
Vapour Trail

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm

New podcast just uploaded this morning! It's good to be back... 8)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Alan » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Great i will get that later 8)

Grahame Gardner wrote:New podcast just uploaded this morning! It's good to be back... 8)
Alan

Postby Vapour Trail » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 am

Gone again? Shame. It was part of my regular digest of dowsing information, and I did so enjoy learning about the possibilities from other people's work.

I know it's a time-consuming affair, but maybe someone with the time on their hands could consider picking it back up?

I would have like to have seen some interivews with members of the BSD too - just regular members. Maybe there could be a place for members to upload MP3 format snippets of information or stories, or just dowsing tips. Hey, there you go - Tip of the Month. How about a section like that? Also, maybe a focus on a particular site, talking about people's experiences (maybe gathered via the forum beforehand)? Maybe explaining the energetic layout or features of the place so that others can go and find out for themselves? Some suggestions....

Anyway. I did enjoy it as it was, and it's a shame that it's stopped. Won't anyone pick it up? Try new ideas? A more consensual approach may yeild much easier content than trying to record a whole section of interview (although they were always the best bits).

Bye bye 'Adventures'. You got lost!

VT.
Vapour Trail

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:06 pm

Vapour Trail wrote:Won't anyone pick it up?

Ask not what the society can do for you, ask what you can do for the society...

Ian (busy editing Dowsing Today :mrgreen:)
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Let me assure you that the podcast will return, but I don't know when at the moment. Running the Society and trying to organise Conference (not to mention trying to earn a living) is taking up all my time and energy just now. Sadly the podcast remains on the back burner.

I received several compliments about the BSD and the standard of our website, this forum, and Dowsing Today from people at the American Society of Dowsers' convention. We have a very good international reputation and we try to keep it that way, but it doesn't happen by itself. It takes a great deal of hard work, most of it done by volunteers. With a new Director and a reduced staff in the office, there is a lot of pressure on the Trustees and myself just to keep the Society going.

As Ian says, ask not what the Society can do for you... instead ask why it is important that we have a national dowsing body, and think about what you can do to support the continued existence of the BSD.
Grahame
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to Podcast - Adventures in Dowsing