Modern Stone Circle pics wanted!

Forum section for comments and discussion about our podcasts

Modern Stone Circle pics wanted!

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:36 pm

I've just been interviewing author Geoff Holder for a future podcast, and he mentioned that he is looking for some good quality pictures of modern stone circles for a forthcoming book. I'm sure we have a few owners of such beasts on the forum, so if you would like to see your site immortalised in print (no fees, but full credits) and have some good pictures, please get in touch with Geoff via the contact link on his website above.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Re: Modern Stone Circle pics wanted!

Postby SLAH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm being a bit thick, I'm sure, but when you say "modern stone circles" are you referring to those circles, like the one made out of styrofoam? Or, are you referring to recent photographs of stone circles from around the Isles?
"Never be a passive listener or learner" ~ Christian Gottfried Hahnemann
SLAH

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:33 pm

We're talking about stone circles constructed "in the modern era"; i.e. NOT neolithic ones.
But I wouldn't bother now - the book has been published (and jolly good it is too).
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Harri » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 pm

Had a bit of a surreal experience when I was in my teens and living near the Ridgeway. My friend insisted that he'd seen Stone Henge on the Berkshire Downs. He persuaded a group of us to walk up there and he was right! There, on a patch of chalk downs was a good likeness to Stone Henge. Some sort of strange portal activity? Turned out it was for a National Lampoon film where tourists drive into it and it goes down like dominoes.
Harri
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.
(Einstein)
Harri

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:21 pm

I've just uploaded podcast number 15, which features a talk with our Director John Moss about the construction of his garden stone circle in the Forest of Dean.
The circle is also featured in Geoff's book.
Grahame
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby B.J.C.Courtney » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:44 pm

I live in Congresbury North Somerset, there is a small stone circle built in the memory of someone called sue someone, growls, its at the entrance of Congresbury river park, by Congresbury River Yeo bridge, the Bristol Western road, was going to take my Aura meter there today,dowse to see what energy is their?

I will take my digi cam their when i can find it, just moved so in the stage of unpacking, thinking of moveing yet a again, but will take image and post it here.
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
B.J.C.Courtney

Return to Podcast - Adventures in Dowsing