Dowsing today magazine

The place to discuss any articles in the BSD journal, Dowsing Today

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:24 pm

Hi Agata;
Dowsing Today is only available to BSD members. Membership details are available here.
If it is just one particular issue that you're after, you could ask the BSD office if they would sell it to you as a one-off.
Phone the office on 01684 576969 or email on info@britishdowsers.org.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Dowsing Today

Postby Ian Pegler » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:12 am

Dowsing Today is quite an informative publication and there's quite a lot in one edition. It's A4 format, the main section is currently 44 sides of quite compact information - pictures and text with rumours that it may get even bigger at some point soon. The whole thing is very well laid out by a professional typesetter, and the paper is very high quality too. We're proud of our journal in the BSD.

As well as articles (short and long) from our members there are reports from the Special Interest Groups (Archaeology, Water, Health and Earth Energies) and news of BSD events and also those of local groups around the country. Training Programmes, talks, news, letters. You name it, it's in the newsletter.

I am currently editing the December edition, which will feature, amongst other things, a report on the recent Annual Congress which took place at the University of Northampton. I haven't finalised the contents yet so I daren't say much more than that just yet.

All the best

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: Dowsing today online!

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:36 pm

I am sure you'll all be pleased to hear that some back issues of Dowsing Today 2004-2006 (apart from June 05), are now available as PDF files on the main BSD website. We're not planning on putting them all online (at least not for free!), but these ones were fairly readily obtainable without much cost to the Society (and of course I did the web work for nothing, fool that I am... :roll: ).

CLICK HERE to access the back issues.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Re: Dowsing today magazine

Postby simonwheeler » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Excellent. And what a lot of work.
Thanks!

:P
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Fantastic stuff, Grahame ! :P

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Dean Appleton » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 am

I have always enjoyed reading the BSD Journal Dowsing Today. I wondered whether there are any plans to digitise the whole library of the magazine in all of its guises going back to 1933? I know that this has been done to some extent in correspondent organisation such as the Radionics Association.

I believe that the American Society of Dowsers is underway with such a project.

One thing further I would ask is whether folk who already subscribe to the magazine could pay a little extra for a PDF copy. The reason is that some folk like me, move about a lot and have not the space to carry the magazine and sometimes only have a chance to catch up on reading once or twice a year when they get the odd visit home!
Dean Appleton

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu May 24, 2012 10:48 pm

It's a nice idea Dean, and one I would dearly love to have accomplished. But as usual, it comes down to two things - money and time. Both in short supply at the moment.
And the trouble with PDF copies is that once you have one, it's too easy for someone to distribute to others. If we did do that, it would probably have a lag time of at least a year before appearing.
Grahame
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Dean Appleton » Thu May 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Well I know that when using an Apple-Mac you can use the print facility and this will give you an option to "print" or save as it were as a PDF file.
This is quite an easy way to produce the PDF copies depending on the originals.

I see what you mean regarding the ease of copying and distribution. Surely though would not the membership of the BSD realise that this is not neccessarily in their best interests to do so.
Dean Appleton

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri May 25, 2012 5:43 am

Surely though would not the membership of the BSD realise that this is not neccessarily in their best interests to do so.

Truth is, once something is "out there" it's "out there"...I believe that it would devalue the journal which for me is one of the big reasons I fork up my annual sub (which is not insubstantial, for me anyway). I would therefore be against it. Also, some contributors may not like the idea either.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Dean Appleton » Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 am

Archival thing it looks like to be then I look forward to the DVD/CS (s) when they are ready

Thanks for the replies

Dean
Dean Appleton

Return to Dowsing Today