Scanning old issues

The place to discuss any articles in the BSD journal, Dowsing Today

Scanning old issues

Postby plazak » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Whatever happened to that excellent idea of scanning the back issues and making them available to members on the website? At one time I believe there were several years of back issues posted and the suggestion that more would be added, but now only the most recent 12 months. The back issues of Dowsing Today and its predecessors must make up the most valuable collection of dowsing information in the English language. It would be a great service to members and to dowsing if it were available on the website to members. Does anyone know if there are still plans to do this? Thanks.
plazak

Re: Scanning old issues

Postby DarkChestofWonders » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:36 pm

If I remember correctly there were also articles or archives that you could search through as well.
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
DarkChestofWonders

Postby mike » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 pm

The many posts of yesteryear could strike a cord with folk who dowse today, and perhaps confirm any findings hard to prove where dowsers have tried to work outside the box ? All those points of view and opinions should never be lost, but added to over the years, gathering a huge data file for those who will follow on, a goldmine of information for those with open hearts and minds.
mike

Postby joreed43 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:15 am

I just joined very recently, and I too am interested in back issues of the Dowsing Today and the older BSD Journal issues. I have about 150 issues from the 1960s and 1970s that I would be happy to scan to help with this project. If we all worked together, we could get it done rather quickly, and it would be a most valuable resource for members. But we would certainly need to know what issues have already been scanned and by whom, and then coordinate our activities so that we do not duplicate our efforts.
John
John H. Reed, M.D.
joreed43

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:15 am

There are always plans to put the archives online, however it is an extremely time-consuming task and is frequently shelved as the office staff don't have the time to do it. The Society is dealing with larger problems at the moment.

If you are interested in helping and live near the office, I suggest that you write to them and offer your services in this regard. Volunteer help is always welcome!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby joreed43 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:23 pm

Grahame,

Thank you for the information and the suggestions. I would be happy to help do the scanning at the main office if I could, but unfortunately I live here in the United States in Baltimore, Maryland. I would be happy to do the scanning of all the issues for the Society, since it sounds like it has been a goal for some time, and it may be a valuable incentive for additional dowser's to join the Society. The American Society of Dowsers, of which I am a member, has it entire set of issues online for members only, and it is a very valuable resource. I have nearly a complete set of BSD Journal issues from 1964 through 1982, and sporadic issues after that. Do you know if the Society HQ has extra copies of issues which they could send to me for scanning, and which I would return to them when finished?
Best wishes.
John
email: joreed43@gmail.com
joreed43

Return to Dowsing Today