Valle Crucis and the Sunline (July 2013)

The place to discuss any articles in the BSD journal, Dowsing Today

Valle Crucis and the Sunline (July 2013)

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

Erratum: the diagram on page 42 (captioned "The Sunline and four appointments of John Trevor") should have been this one:

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: Valle Crucis and the Sunline (July 2013)

Postby simonwheeler » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:09 am

Like this one- I was born near Bath Abbey and Jacquie was born near St. Asaph Cathedral... 8) 8)
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Re: Valle Crucis and the Sunline (July 2013)

Postby Ian Pegler » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:03 pm

simonwheeler wrote:Like this one- I was born near Bath Abbey and Jacquie was born near St. Asaph Cathedral... 8) 8)

Deja vu and synchronicity seem to play a part for me too. The manuscript link is HERE.

The astrological chart on p27 I think I may have sussed out (c.f. my paper Counting Down the Moon (PDF)), but I'm open to ideas.

The manuscript also has an extensive table of Saints feast-days (pages 13-24) and relates them to their positions in the zodiac (note: this no longer "works" because we've switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian and the saints' feast-days didn't move with the change).

There's an almost identical table to this one in Llanstephan 117. Worthy of note because the latter also contains an early(ish) copy of the Life of Collen. The two earliest copies of the Life of Collen came from Ruabon which is just across the way from Valle Crucis abbey.

Some of my ancestors came from Bath and one or two from Shrophire btw.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Return to Dowsing Today