April 2009 - Beer Lines

The place to discuss any articles in the BSD journal, Dowsing Today

April 2009 - Beer Lines

Postby TimWilliamson » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Reading Chris Street's article on Beer Lines reminded me of a trip out last summer where I came across a beer-related alignment of a line.

I sometimes go to my local folk festival, Towersey Festival over August bank holiday to relax and enjoy the music. At last summer's festival I took a walk down into the village as some events happening down there. While passing the village church I thought I would have a look round to see what lines I could find as it was open (serving tea and coffee to thirsty festivalgoers). The church seemed energetically quiet, which was unusual, so I had a wander round the graveyard and soon picked up a pretty large line travelling about N-S, which missed the church and headed across a small green. Following it south, it went through a small new group of houses and popped out the other side straight across the front of the Three Horseshoes pub.

Now looking at the pub, I got the distinct impression of that 'old village' alignment where they knew better than to build their houses on the lines, setting this building parallel to, but off the line. What I found more suprising was that, being festival week, the space in front of the pub that normally serves as a car part had been cleared so that the morris dancers had somewhere to dance, and lo and behold they were dancing right on the line!

I've always sort of assumed that all this jumping around and clanking of sticks that morris dancers get up to has traditionally some relationship with earth energy, and often see them dancing in front of pubs (thirsty work, by the looks of it), but never really expected to find such a clear alignment.

View down the energy line crossing the pub car park with Towersey Morris performing

I was curious to know what effect the dancing had on the line. May be worth taking some readings from it before, during and after?

As for the beer, well, although the line neatly missed the pub, the landlord had set up a small bar in one of the outbuildings because of the large number of customers that weekend. The building he chose happened to be directly on the line. I wonder if beer lasts longer or tastes better if left to settle on a line?

Tim.
TimWilliamson

Re: April 2009 - Beer Lines

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 am

TimWilliamson wrote:I've always sort of assumed that all this jumping around and clanking of sticks that morris dancers get up to has traditionally some relationship with earth energy

Indeed. I've dowsed changes in leys before and after the Beltane sunrise dance by the Ashdown Forest group, and it certainly had a dramatic effect on the energies. But then any similar ceremony would have an effect too, even a few rowdy celebrants outside a pub. There is definitely a kernel of truth in Chris' Beer Lines hypothesis, although it should definitely be taken with a pinch of salt (salted peanuts, preferably). :mrgreen:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Ian Pegler » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:24 am

from Phenomenica...

LINK REMOVED

Wow, man. 8)

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:41 am

Wow, indeed! There's scope for a whole field of research there along the lines of Dr. Emotos's work with water crystals..... :mrgreen:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Helen-Healing » Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am

Ian Pegler wrote:from Phenomenica...

Beer under the Microscope LINK REMOVED

I got a virus warning when I accessed this link. :-(

Re Chris Street...I've just acquired a copy of his most recent book London's Ley Lines - Pathways of Enlightenment, which I will start to delve into today.
Helen-Healing

Return to Dowsing Today