Adventures in Dowsing Pt 5 - DT June 2008

The place to discuss any articles in the BSD journal, Dowsing Today

Adventures in Dowsing Pt 5 - DT June 2008

Postby IanDarke » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 pm

I have just read Grahame's Adventures In Dowsing part 5 article in Dowsing Today (June 2008) and a thought occurred to me. Has anyone considered if the alignment of UVG grid could be linked to the earths magnetic field? Since the magnetic field moves (ie. magnetic north swings around over time) could it be that the reason the grid is approximately 10 degrees out of alignment with Ley lines (sorry - 'energy leys'!) is that most of the stone circles etc that seem to delineate them were built at a time when the earths magnetic north was 'approximately 10 degrees' away from where it is now? If this were so it seems that it should be possible to calculate the building date of these ancient sites by working out when the earths magnetic field (and therefore the UVG grid) aligned with the energy leys that link them.

Or am I just burbling......?

Ian

mod by I.P. - Split from Google Earth leys & alignments project in Earth Energies forum and retitled. Also changed to include name of author
IanDarke

Re: Adventures in Dowsing Pt 5 - DT June 2008

Postby griff » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Compass West: Compass Best.
Compass East: Compass Least.

Griff

Stay cool. 8) :|
griff

Re: Adventures in Dowsing Pt 5 - DT June 2008

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi Ian;

It's certainly a possibility that the UVG grid is related to the geomagnetic field. However I have no research evidence to back that up so I deliberately left that piece of speculation out of the article to avoid prejudicing folks' opinions unnecessarily.
Additionally, the deviation from the ideal grid is noticeable in the UK, but again more research is needed to see whether that is a global phenomenon. In the UK example, a small rotation of the grid centred on a point somewhat north of the node point in North Scotland (which I think is Ben Hope) will bring things back into line. However, what seems a relatively small correction to us will of course mean that the grid is wildly displaced the further away from the UK that you get. So if you did the proposed adjustment for the UK, over in Australia the grid would be totally off.
Logically this would seem to indicate that smaller, more localised distortions of the UVG are happening, and not a simple global rotation.
It would be fantastic if you could play with such manipulations of the grid in Google Earth, but sadly there doesn't seem to be a facility to do this.

More research needed - as always! 8)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to Dowsing Today