Inside out

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .

Inside out

Postby Paul Mellor » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Tomorrow night (Mon 21/11) on Inside out they are discussing water supplies and on the advert they showed a dowser. Its on BBC1 at 7:30 but I suppose it may be a regional programme.
Paul Mellor
Paul Mellor

Re: Inside out

Postby mike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 am

NORFOLK was very dry last summer, I cannot imagine no dowsers were not out getting water for the local farmers, the area was really parched with the grass very yellow even in Gt.Yarmouth, while Coventry the grass was the normal green and lush.Another summer like last summer and I may have to go dowsing for water, its going to be a problem before long anyway, with water wars around the world fighting over the last of the wet stuff, might be a good thing to learn the rain dance ASAP. 8)
mike

Postby Paul Mellor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Just to update it was on BBC west midlands, it was Peter Taylor dowsing around the Shropshire area with a female reporter who could not believe it when the rods crossed for her.
Paul Mellor
Paul Mellor

Postby simonwheeler » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 pm

This was a West Midlands region programme...but thanks to Sky I was able to watch it.
I thought it gave a good indication of potential problems ahead with water supplies all over the UK- not just the Shropshire, Worcs etc area. It showed farmers having to use bowsers because the springs they'd originally had plumbed in were running dry due to excessive demand and inadequate rainfall (with a bit of "climate change" stuff thrown in). Some dramatic anecdotes were given.
Peter Taylor- from Wales- was shown dowsing for water....but we were never shown if they drilled or if he was successful or not. The presenter of the programme tried with the rods and had the "Oh my God" moment when they moved and she told the camera she'd done nothing.

Things of particular interest:
Taylor made it clear that his intention to find quality water was paramount.
He used L rods and a Y rod.
He had what appeared to be witness containers on the end of his rods- but this was never explained.
When he was calculating depth he used his rods and was counting down a foot at a time- a process that could have taken rather a long time, I thought!

All in all, I thought a fair representation of water divining and a "heads up" to possible future water supply problems (and...in metaphorical brackets....they suggested that maybe dowsing could help).
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby mike » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

DDdddOOOhhh I missed it, always wondered what it cost to drill for water, how much a foot, or do they drill by the hour...I know in the US they hire a dowser/water witcher and only pay him if he finds water, now that gets you better dowsing faster than anything, no water, no eat. :mrgreen:
mike

Postby Grahame Gardner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

mike wrote:I know in the US they hire a dowser/water witcher and only pay him if he finds water, now that gets you better dowsing faster than anything, no water, no eat. :mrgreen:

Most water dowsers here do the same, Mike.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby simonwheeler » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 am

Grahame Gardner wrote:
mike wrote:I know in the US they hire a dowser/water witcher and only pay him if he finds water, now that gets you better dowsing faster than anything, no water, no eat. :mrgreen:

Most water dowsers here do the same, Mike.

...and have done since the end of the 19th century...if not before!: there are advertisements in newspapers of the 1890's that say "No water, no fee".
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby mike » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:15 pm

If the Welsh and the Jocks take their water back we will NOT have any here in England, so hurry up with those grape vines down the south coast chaps, HIC I dont mind. :lol: :oops:
mike

Return to Dowsing in the Media