Sausages, pies and ready meals increase death risk by 44%

Media reports and discussion on general health issues - conventional or alternative.

Sausages, pies and ready meals increase death risk by 44%

Postby Ian Pegler » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:50 am

from WalesOnline...

How sausages, pies and ready meals can increase risk of death by 44%

Diets laden with pies, sausages and ready meals can lead to an early death, a major study has shown.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: Sausages, pies and ready meals increase death risk by 44

Postby Helen-Healing » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:18 pm

A good reason to be vegetarian! :mrgreen:

Men and women who ate the most processed meat ate the fewest fruits and vegetables, and were more likely to smoke.

Hmm...yes...that might have something to do with it too! :roll:

Let's face it - we all have a 100% chance of dying! :mrgreen:
Helen-Healing

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:33 am

Helen-Healing wrote:A good reason to be vegetarian! :mrgreen:

Men and women who ate the most processed meat ate the fewest fruits and vegetables, and were more likely to smoke.

Hmm...yes...that might have something to do with it too! :roll:

Let's face it - we all have a 100% chance of dying! :mrgreen:

Helen,

not sure being vegetarian is enough, unless you know where your food is sourced which if you do great, I eat meat but I try to source from butchers and ethical sources, I dont think the issue is with eating meat but an issue with the ability to source where your food comes from. A difficult task in todays society but possible (more so in England than our counterpart american folk).

Personally I feel eating meat is what the body and mouth is designed to do, having said that I love vegetarian food which my friends and family have made from scratch, it simply has the effort and time to make it a great healthy diet, I would opt for home made food, as honest and full of good intent as possible (obviously this negates Tesco)

Best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Helen-Healing » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:14 am

Tom, I thoroughly agree with home made food! Being veggie is just my choice.

Do you know that KFC use chickens imported from China & India?? :shock:
Helen-Healing

Postby arthur hamlin » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 am

I suggest that not only we seek out the source for these questionable foods but that we begin to dowse the vibrationary rates as being conducive to out digestive systems. The bodies electrics need to be taken into account.
arthur hamlin

Postby ledgehammer » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Helen-Healing wrote:Tom, I thoroughly agree with home made food! Being veggie is just my choice.

Do you know that KFC use chickens imported from China & India?? :shock:

Helen,

a good choice, I'm afraid I would find it very difficult to give up meat but in many ways Im a little envious of vegetarians :-)

I had an interesting chat in the hostel i'm staying in in Orkney, the Kiwi lass was vegetarian - but was obsessed with these microwavable ready meals apparently they simply do not have the choice in New Zealand, so as she was chatting (more of a rant about my sausages) I noticed the ready meal packet and chuckled to myself ;-)

I didn't know that, and there is a real challenge there about what is allowed from a legal viewpoint,
then what folk tolerate and also what we are educated with,

I remember a scare tactic at school with a video about the way chickens were treated in a battery farm, I made me feel sick along with most of the other children, If we can do this then why cant the issue be addressed

until such a time I guess we should be very careful about the sources of our food and in turn hopefully the change will occur

I actually confess to having a kfc last week I felt bad about it both before and after, and I cant remember the last time before that where I did which is a good thing. I guess we are all a little susceptible at times.

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Return to Health News & Media