What happened to the drought??

Media reports relating to water issues in general.

What happened to the drought??

Postby Ian Pegler » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 am

I live in Aberystwyth where we've had the worst floods since, well, a long time.

As you can see from this section of the forum, I've been posting a lot of stories about this predicted "drought"- since February in fact.

Now the water companies are starting to lift their hopse-pipe bans and we're just a couple of days off the Solstice, so what happened to this drought we were supposed to be having??

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: What happened to the drought??

Postby simonwheeler » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:33 am

Ian: what happened to this drought we were supposed to be having??

Maybe it's over?
:oops: :evil:
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Helen-Healing » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:03 am

Ian Pegler wrote: so what happened to this drought we were supposed to be having??

It started to rain and rain and rain and rain........... :roll:
Helen-Healing

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Ian Pegler wrote:I live in Aberystwyth where we've had the worst floods since, well, a long time.

As you can see from this section of the forum, I've been posting a lot of stories about this predicted "drought"- since February in fact.

Now the water companies are starting to lift their hopse-pipe bans and we're just a couple of days off the Solstice, so what happened to this drought we were supposed to be having??

Ian

Maybe theyve worked out we have enough until Dec 21st ;-)

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby simonwheeler » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 am

From the BBC this morning
Ministers must take urgent action to safeguard England's water resources, a Commons select committee has said.
The environment, food and rural affairs committee called for targets on using more water meters and speedier reform of the way water is taken from rivers.
The warning comes as some parts of England have faced drought while record-breaking rainfall has caused flooding in many areas.

MPs said the government should set a "clear and ambitious target" to expand meter use and pointed to a independent review which recommended 80% of households have them by 2020.

In the Queens Speech the government announced it would publish a draft water bill which will allow every business and public sector body in England and Wales to switch their water and sewerage supplier.

So "market forces" will sort it all out, then....
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby griff » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

I hate all these target cultures these useless parasites keep inflicting on us. If they must have a target let it be the squanderbugs in Wasteminster.
griff

Postby Ian Pegler » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 am

from the BBC...

Hosepipe bans: Final four companies lift restrictions

The final four water companies in England with hosepipe bans in place have lifted them, in a move affecting about six million domestic customers.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Helen-Healing » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:35 am

As well they might. :roll:

Here in London forget today, Tuesday & Wednesday - but on Thursday we are promised one whole morning of sunshine!! :P
Only the morning, mind you, then back to normal. Gabriel Garcia Marques' Hundred Years of Solitude keeps springing to mind!
Helen-Healing

Postby griff » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 am

Simon: What we can expect is a whole new raft of punitive legislation (on top of that already existing) to the detriment of dowsers/engineers engaged in the business of providing rural private water services from groundwater sources.

Helen: What is still being promised is a steep rise in the price of mains water whilst handing control to the five big providers, whose top executives are likely to grant themselves huge increases in their over generous salaries and perks at the expense of consumers.
griff

Postby Helen-Healing » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Viva la revolución! Why is it not happening yet? Perhaps the riots of last summer were just the start.... it's bound to happen as no-one trusts anyone any more, and rightly so.
Helen-Healing

Postby Ian Pegler » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 am

Viva la revolución! Why is it not happening yet?

Because it's raining.

:roll:

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Ian Pegler » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:33 am

Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby griff » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 am

This morning on Radio 4 we heard the following vacuous statement - "The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) blames the government for cutting funds for flood defences.". This, (from the vastly overpaid bureaucrats and politically-appointed sedentary yes men, who will be paid a bonus for bothering to turn up to ride on this particular gravy train during inclement weather) - is an insult to the intelligence of the average voter who is heartily sick of 'climate-change' propaganda. :roll:

:x Don't stay cool

Regards: griff.
griff

Postby Helen-Healing » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 pm

The Met Office is warning of heavy rain in London and south and east England.

Indeed!!

I had to take my dog to the vet this morning, by public transport. Shortly before we were due to leave the house, the sky went black & we had one of the heaviest downpours I've ever seen! After half an hour it stopped & I grabbed the dog & made my way to the busstop. Just as we got on the bus, the rain started to pour down again & lasted all the way to the vet's in New Cross (about 20 minutes). When we got out of the vet's over an hour later (doggy is very sick & they can't discover why), I'd just reached the busstop when there was a HUGE clap of thunder & down it came all over again!! Within minutes, Deptford & Lewisham were AWASH with water all over the streets!
And as I got off the bus in Hither Green - the sun came out! :roll:

Griff - are you denying climate change?? Globally, the weather has been at extremes in the last 2-3 months!
Helen-Healing

Postby griff » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Helen: Severe weather conditions should not be described as 'climate change' nor should inclement weather be attributed to 'global warming'; there is very little convincing evidence to support the propaganda I mention. In the case of recent weather conditions, the cause is the position and direction of the eastern end of the Atlantic Jet Stream generating anti-clockwise areas of high winds and low atmospheric pressure to the north of the fast-flowing high altitude stream of air.

Mother Earth's Climate however is controlled by the amount of sunlight absorbed by her and the long term variations in the area of her polar ice caps, which reflect sunlight back into space, as set out in the theories of Milutin Milankovitch. Other conditions which prevent sunlight from being absorbed are volcanic activity clouds, smoke and water vapour etc. all moderated to a certain extent by natural and man-made 'greenhouse' gases.

This is my humble opinion since most of the 'research' reports appear to be the work of scientists paid by governments that want to impose environmental taxes on the people.

So I reckon that Mother Earth and the Mighty Sun will in the very long term, solve this problem all on their own without the interference of our politicians. Roll on the next Ice Age!

Kind regards.

Griff. :|
griff

Next

Return to Water News & Media