Anglesey dig unearths largest neolithic site in Wales

for Archaeology news reports and discussions.

Anglesey dig unearths largest neolithic site in Wales

Postby simonwheeler » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:02 am

From North Wales Daily Post
The largest ever Neolithic discovery in Wales has been made by archaeologists investigating the site of a new school.

More than 2,000 artefacts possibly dating back as much as 6,000 years have been discovered on the site at Llanfaethlu on Anglesey .

The ruins of three buildings have also been uncovered by the CR Archeology team who have been on site since November 2014.

Photos and video within the article.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Re: Anglesey dig unearths largest neolithic site in Wales

Postby mike » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Sounds very interesting, give this place a Google later to get a feel of the place, might have some exciting places close to what sounds like an ancient thriving village or small town. 8)
mike

Postby mike » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Yes its very interesting when you dowse the site on Google Earth, it has history thats for sure. I date the post holes to 14000 years ago dowsing them from the digging/map photos, with the map of the site having for me its older part in the left hand bottom corner, away from the post holes found there. Two sites which have powerful forces exist to the west and north/east of the village and could have been places of early worship 12 to 14000 years ago for me. This is very old for any site here in the UK, a special place and well worth any effort to examine it and record it.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Had another look at the site on Goggle Earth and to the west is something very interesting, I may try and write or email the folk digging at the site, its special thats for sure, reminds me of the ancient sites in the west of Scotland because of its age.
mike

Return to Archaeology News & media