Birds Bathtime.

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

Re: Birds Bathtime.

Postby mike » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Saw two Jackdaws mobbing a Buzzard today, while the Buzzard was just not bothered, the Jackdaws would not leave it alone. When you look at the size of the two birds you wonder why they even try to upset the Buzzard,the difference in size makes it such an uphill task. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:15 pm

REALLY sad situation at the north end of the South Island, New Zealand where hundreds of Pilot Whales have been stranded and many have already died, the question is WHY did they all go inshore like that.I am going to dowse the area to see if I can find anything, come back here if I pick anything up, its a very bad time but hundreds of local people have turned out to help the Whales try and swim to deeper water.

Okay this might not explain away for some people but here goes what I just found....Off the north Island of New Zealand where Foxton is on the west coast just above there out to sea you can see a pointed arrowhead underwater in Google Earth.At the point of the arrowhead is a finger of hot magma coming from the core of the planet, this hot magma meets fault lines which run towards Golden Bay where the whales are now stranded.The whales are stranded on a sand spit which runs out in Golden Bay that acts like a big finger of shallow sand, which keeps the whales trapped from deep water....I think this finger of magma somehow caused the whales to run away to the west to be caught in Golden Bay, and the shallow spit of sand acting like a huge net.Its possible the finger of magma caused sound frequencies along the fault lines running west, and the whales ran before the sound to escape, and became trapped in Golden Bay and that spit of sand running out from the land....Its the only explanation I can dowse tonight, as I cannot find anything else to cause this ?
mike

Postby mike » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Further to my last post the finger of magma is 36.91 miles out to sea from Foxton, New Zealand at an angle of 275.74 degrees from the north island...Another large pod of Pilot Whales has run aground at the same position and people are trying hard to re float them all at high tide today, with the finger of magma still very active and perhaps causing this problem.If you check on Google Earth you can see this arrowhead of underwater mountains which I believe to be PAST fingers of magma pushing up here close to the last time this took place,its a record of past venting I believe.Problem as I see it every time it happens the Whales are running before the sound down the fault line, and entering Golden Bay to be trapped by the spit of sand each time.
mike

Postby mike » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Good news on TV tonight that 200 Pilot Whales have been re floated back into deeper water on the high tide, at the New Zealand north end of the south Island where this week over 650 Whales were grounded in the soft sand spit protecting Golden Bay. No body knows why this happens, where the entire pod will run aground and often all of them will die,its a mystery.Folk say the oldest female Whale guides the pod through the oceans, and when she get ill the pod often runs aground, but in this case three pods all with many hundreds of Whales ran aground each time, so three of the oldest females went sick at the same time ? And my opinion a finger of magma is all I can dowse around that coast,and yet to the north of there the waters are VERY active with eruptions and all sorts of underwater fault movements, so why not in those ares if its to do with underwater influences ? Other people say its the Navy sonar signals which are so powerful they disorientate the pods leader enough to ground in shallow waters, as this happened near the UK south coast where so many seals died after swimming up a small river, where the Navy was on exercise just off shore there ? HAVE to say the local New Zealand folk have been wonderful to rush to help those stranded Whales, without them many more would now be dead, SO WELL DONE.
mike

Postby mike » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 pm

Black Bird dropped me right in it today, I done a little shopping at Morrisons and was putting the shopping in the car boot, when a Black Bird ran right under my feet on the bank behind the car looking for worms/food.I opened the small brown loaf to drop two pieces on the grass for it then went home, only to be told not to touch the bread when I feel peckish next time. 8) First time I have shopped for two years on my own, nearly killed me walking round the shop with my back and knee. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I have parked in the Slough Carpark for a few weeks now and not seen the Crow with the deformed leg for ages, I do hope its alive and just moved away for a while.Last time it looked fine when it passed overhead going in the park, it cannot be easy at this hard time of the year finding food with a deformed leg to carry as well.I remember I never saw it for a year a while ago, and thought the worse but it flew past and made my day, I really worry over that bird.
mike

Postby mike » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Meant to post here before, early in the week when I was driving near Corley Services in the back roads, I saw a flock of at least 150 Goldfinches in the fields there, they were close to the small woods near the M6 Road, where I imagine they gather each night to keep warm from the many passing cars and lorries.I have noticed how many pigeons will gather in the trees close to a road where traffic passes, as the cars engines must lift the temperature during the night just that bit.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:44 pm

SO many Dolphins being found dead around the Cornish coast this year, the numbers are really a big worry as they exceed last years by a long way.No cause can be found yet for so many dying, but they are examining some to see whats causing the deaths, in case its something like Mercury they are absorbing from the oceans.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Last week while waiting in Morrisons car park six Magpies flew past me all chattering away and they seemed to be part of one family.I remembered the rhyme six for gold, and then I won £25 on the lotto just after. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:29 pm

Had to go out late last night to get my great grandson home,and as I drove down Hospital Lane Bedworth, a Gerbal ran across the road in my car lights.I pulled over to catch the critter, but it was too fast for me with my bad legs and hips,it left me standing in the mud and rain as it went under the hedge.I have left some carrots on the side of the road where it ran, JUST in case it comes back tonight after dark poor thing.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Been looking every day for the Gerbal when I pass down that road, but I have seen nothing since, its possible it got away from a garden or house close where it was the house pet.I thought at first it was a rat running across the road, but they look so different running its easy to tell the difference.While a rat running is sleek and thin with a very long tail, the Gerbal is like a builder with a bag of tools on his back eating a bacon butty, no offense chaps. 8)
mike

Postby mike » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

This afternoon at 12.45 I looked up in the sky and 4 Buzzards were in a thermal above me, all circling like they were dancing.They look so wonderful floating in the sky like they were, but for small birds and animals the last thing you want to see...I remember some years ago a friend passed away, and the weekend I heard about it 3 Buzzards flew right over me in line, like they were telling me my friend is now soaring in the clouds at will, free and forever released from all bonds, so for me now a Buzzard is his sign all is well with him.
mike

Postby mike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Havent seen my friend the Crow for some weeks now over the Slough Park Coventry, I visit now and then and I always watch out for it to pass over.But today I parked in the Tesco car park and a seagull with a deformed leg came over me a few times looking for food, why does this happen to me,I always feel so bad afterwards seeing any bird with a bad leg.I know its part of nature, but they must have such a hard life finding food with just one leg to help them, when all the others are much more mobile with two...They seem to search me out,all the birds with problems, must know Im an easy touch. 8)
mike

Postby mike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:25 pm

Saw a pair of Swallows yesterday, its my first sighting this year, roll on the Summer. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:07 pm

The last week I have seen 3 Herons fly over Coventry and the Bell Green area, but they dont stay, they just keep going.All yesr I might see about 5 Herons at odd times, but never 3 in one week. 8)
mike

PreviousNext

Return to Science & Nature