Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:21 am

from the Daily Mail...

Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important - and the rest is just 'junk'

An Oxford University study has concluded that just 8.2 per cent of our DNA is likely to be doing something important. The rest is junk DNA - an evolutionary hangover that, much like the appendix, doesn't do any good but also doesn't do any harm

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: Only a TENTH of human DNA does something important

Postby ledgehammer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 am

Junk d.n.a, and areas of the mind that are redundant, are capabilities for ourselves and nature to evolve.

I am of the opinion we are very primitive compared to the capability of our biology and environment, this evolution takes a heck of a lot of time though and there are no "quantum" leaps :-)

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Helen-Healing » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:47 pm

I wonder what conclusion will appear next month. :roll:
Helen-Healing

Postby mike » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm

I can imagine in time the DNA we dont use is something nature might have placed ready for when we develop fully, like reading minds and talking to each other with a sort of WI FI rather than speech.Imagine not having to learn French and German at school any more, because we can chat with this new method to each other, so much better....Its just possible dowsing might have a strand in the DNA which gets turned on in some people, and not in others,along with psychic power and all sorts, anything is possible here.
mike

Return to Science & Nature