R.I.P. Colin Pillinger

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

R.I.P. Colin Pillinger

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri May 09, 2014 5:53 am

Very sad news...

Mission to Mars scientist Colin Pillinger dies

British planetary scientist Colin Pillinger, best known for his 2003 attempt to land a spacecraft on Mars, has died aged 70, his family have said.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: R.I.P. Colin Pillinger

Postby Ian Pegler » Sat May 10, 2014 5:31 am

from the BBC...

Colin Pillinger: 'The man from Milton Keynes sending a spaceship to Mars'

The space scientist Colin Pillinger has died at the age of 70. BBC science correspondent Pallab Ghosh looks back at his life.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Ian Pegler » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:11 am

from the BBC...

Mars beauty spot named in honour of Colin Pillinger

This stunning scene was captured by the cameras on Nasa's Mars Exploration Rover, Opportunity. Here, the leader of the rover's science team, Prof Steve Squyres of Cornell University in New York, explains why he named the landscape after the British space scientist, Colin Pillinger.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby mike » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:33 pm

A fitting tribute for Colin, it looks a nice place, I remember seeing him on TV talking about Beagle and his hopes for the mission. I would have liked to pick a spot where powerful forces of Mars exist today, he deserves the best.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:24 pm

A long while ago the family were interviewed on TV and I almost emailed them to explain what I found on Mars regarding the Beagle craft, but I thought these people are scientists, so they would have no knowledge of dowsing and how it works, and it would leave me looking a fool, and NOT for the first time. So I never bothered, but now I wish I had jumped in feet first as normal and told my story, it would have left me feeling better than I do right now with Colin gone.
mike

Return to Science & Nature