Beagle 2 spotted by satellite?

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

Beagle 2 spotted by satellite?

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:19 pm

Prof Colin Pillinger was on the BBC recently.

He claims that new images from the Mars Global Surveyor satellite may show the location of the missing Beagle 2 space probe.

CLICK HERE to read the full story.

Those of you who read Professor Peter Stewart's article in the March 2005 edition of Dowsing Today ("The BSD goes to Mars") may recall that the experiment which involved 37 dowsers who individually map-dowsed the location of Beagle 2, resulted in a cluster of results in the vicinity of the intended landing site.

Peter Stewart wrote:A rough analysis does suggest some limited clustering in an area bounded by latitudes +10 North and -10 South and longitudes 240 to 310 degrees ... So there was some clustering in the expected touchdown area.

So it'll come as no surprise when I tell you that the location that was identified by Prof. Pillinger is also quite close to the intended landing site. :wink:

Nasa's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft may be able to confirm this identification some time in 2006.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: Beagle 2 spotted by satellite?

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:30 am

Latest report from the BBC...

Lost Beagle2 probe found 'intact' on Mars

The missing Mars robot Beagle2 has been found on the surface of the Red Planet, apparently intact.

High-resolution images taken from orbit have identified its landing location, and it looks to be in one piece.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

(c.f. Dowsing Today, March 2005)
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Grahame Gardner » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:48 am

"Beagle landed just 5km from the centre of its targeted touchdown zone" - it would be interesting to revisit the dowsing findings again to see who was closest - surely a worthy candidate for the Pogson Cup?

**EDIT** I just dug out my copy of the March 2005 Dowsing Today to look at the article. Interesting to note that four of the dowsers involved record damage and/or failed deployment of the solar panels, e.g. "only two of the circular discs present", "3rd outer blue dish missing", "one disc missing, two damaged", "three discs, one separate".

Admittedly it's an easy guess to suggest damage or failed deployment of the solar panels as they comprised the main features of the probe but there is a degree of consistency amongst the responses compared with the drawing on the BBC website. I'd really like to see a more detailed analysis of Prof. Stewart's workshop findings on this.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby mike » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Sorry but for me thats not Beagle, okay it looks close but dowse Beagle and then this object,they dont match, well in my opinion. 8)

Going to Google Mars and see if I can find it, watch this space. :roll:

Okay had a quick look tonight, Im tired but this is fun,I feel the damaged Beagle Rover is on the left a short distance away from the Moreux Crater Dunes, AND again a short distance away here a Sacred Site of planet energies, like you find at Avebury, and at least one other exists.When I dowsed the first Mars picture a Sacred Site was blanked out in that map, now its air brushed out, thats progress folks. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:21 pm

The new pictures I have seen of Beagles parachute and back cover and Beagle itself all dont dowse with Beagles signature for me tonight,all three items are something else, BUT not natural to Mars in my opinion.Could be parts from another Mars probe,and I dont mean anything we have sent up there. 8)
mike

Postby mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:09 pm

A new Mars probe is very close to the planet now, so we may see more data and possible pictures coming through, AFTER NASA cleans them up no doubt. :lol: :lol: But it will be interesting to know what they find regarding organic life and any microbes found in samples.....Gale Crater has an alien influence to it dowsing tonight, with Hadley Crater having a Gold influence to dowsing just now, interesting place Mars....Might see the broken Beagle if they take an over flight to map/picture the planet before landing,now thats worth waiting for, and if they find a Horse shoe shaped crater, I will eat my hat. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:17 pm

From the TV News tonight the new Mars lander has been released to drop down out of orbit to Mars, but its expected signal its approaching Mars has NOT been picked up yet. Whats happened is too early to know from the reports, but fingers crossed its not had the same problem as Beagle did, and all but disappears to the World watching its progress....I dont want to go looking for this one as well, they should have used the same team as the ones who drove Osiris to its exciting journey across the vast distances of space. 8)
mike

Postby mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:31 pm

No news of the Mars Lander yet on line, I hope this lander has not disappeared like the others have. It was released in a normal way and dropped to the Mars surface, then the data stream on the way down stopped just before it landed. so what that means is anyones guess.....Some people might say it was zapped by aliens and the module is destroyed, like some sort of ancient defence system, and its possible, but more like the equipment has not functioned correct.We can dowse for answers and look for it, like Beagle, but its a waiting game for now and fingers crossed, it helps folks. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:03 pm

The pictures NASA released showing the dark smudge on the surface of Mars dowses for me the module that must have crash landed, it looks a dark smudge and might be damaged enough to write it off complete.If you dowse the influence /signature of the Schiaparelli Module in the lab, THEN the black smudge on the surface of Mars are the same folks.Its a huge pity, but I thank NASA for coming clean about the loss, it saves looking for it after all.....If you want to study Curiostys 10 best pictures web site, look at picture 5 of Garden City, top left is a white square object, that dowses with the greys signature folks for me. OOHHHNNOOOO. :lol:
mike

Postby mike » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:47 pm

The alien craft in the picture is the one where the Flying Cross is formed each side of it to make the cross shape, its the larger silver craft right in the middle of this design.The craft is twice the size of the others, with all sides used to carry extra craft, excepting the top and bottom of it, perhaps because of the engines are involved here, or exhaust vents ? On the web people are talking that NASA might not be happy for another country to be the first to find alien life, well I dont know about that, the search for alien life is something we are all interested in Im sure.The fact new worlds might have huge amounts of rare metals is something they will all be thinking about the money men, but science will not worry about that, only the safety of those going into space on each journey, and their safe return.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Had another look for the crashed Beagle Rover sent all that while ago, its a long story but the first time I dowsed it it was close to the Crater Dunes, and Coprates Chasma along with a Sacred Site inside a horse shoe shaped crater, BUT the crater disappeared and the crater dunes sign went missing as well on Google Mars ?? Dont know why this should happen, unless I touched a nerve somewhere with suits who control things. Anyway I had another look tonight and Im sure the Beagle Rover is in the Coprates Chasma, try and get a position on Mars to point where its position is better, this area has gone through map changes so much with parts overlaid, perhaps something to hide again ??

Position from close up at 13 36 49 58 S 60 52 06 12 W This is where the Beagle space lab picture/ influence shows to dowsing for me tonight.
mike

Postby mike » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 pm

On the web its a growing storm NASA might not like any lander from another country finding life before them, I offer no thoughts on this subject, make love not war, but you must question WHY so many Mars craft have disappeared, then again Mars is a long way away, and hostile to everything coming close.
mike

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:41 am

from the BBC...

Beagle 2, the failed British mission to Mars in 2003, came "excruciatingly close" to succeeding, a study shows.

A new analysis of pictures of the Beagle 2 spacecraft shows that it did not crash-land on the Martian surface.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby mike » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:33 pm

I have no idea if you could dowse if Beagle had problems and what sort of condition its left in after if landed, but I could try. Im sure over time and when new missions happen the true facts will become known, but its something to try and see if dowsing can answer some of the questions now. My view is if you can find it on the surface, and its had some sort of life this might influence its structure which dowsing can feel/pick up, worth a try anyway.
mike

Postby mike » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Lost the last post so I will try again, I dowsed the Beagle and this is what I found/feel.The Beagle came in fast and was damaged enough for the solar panels to have been broken off the main body, causing the main body to tilt over and while some of the panels worked, its wiring was damaged with broken cables so the craft could not power up correct. The Beagle is not spread over hundreds of yards, but broken in a small area of the chasma, I dont feel it ever fired up so never stored any data, but dowsing the condition I feel it WAS a near miss....We as people dont allow the mind to work as it it can but keep it held back, its time to release the bonds.
mike

Next

Return to Science & Nature