Thunderbirds In The US.

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

Thunderbirds In The US.

Postby mike » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:02 pm

I have read reports from people in the US who have claimed to have seen birds with huge wingspan in wild places like woods and large parks and mountain places, and the story always returns to the old Native People of the US who claimed that Thunderbirds are indeed real, and perhaps still alive in wild forests and where man has yet to set foot.Fortean Times has ran stories of folk who claimed to have seen a picture of a dead Thunderbird taken many years ago, and have family who swear the bird did in fact exist once.It was said the bird looked like a long extinct Pterodactyl which from its pictures and fossel records does have huge wings if you check in the records, and I just wonder if this bird could have managed to live through the period when the dinosaurs were killed off by climatic conditions after the Astroid hit the planet..Other ancient animals and fish which were claimed have been extinct many thousands of years still turn up today world wide, so is the Thunderbird one of these cases perhaps.In Fortean Times this month is another small report of people who have seen these birds with huge wingspan (page75) so I looked a little closer.The reports say in Pennsylvania close to Pine Creek and Kettle Creek as late as 1973 a lady saw one of these birds with the huge wingspan in Pine Creek, perhaps fishing for trout or salmon or just drinking.The area has log cabins and very little else and is really a huge forest area with rivers and mountains and ideal country for a bird to hunt and keep clear of people...I dowsed this area and with this long winged bird in mind looked for its influence in the mountains, AND at Slato Run and just to the north of there where the Pine Creek Rain Trail is I found a signature of something very ancient...Now its a long shot I know dowsing something that just could be a myth, but if we have folks who live near here and reads the forum threads they might keep an eye open for us and report back, and remember only shoot with a camera in your hand, NOT a shotgun please, these birds are rare if we are to believe they do exist in this quiet corner of the US.
mike

Re: Thunderbirds In The US.

Postby mike » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:46 pm

I just remembered a picture I saw and dowsed that was in a copy of the Fortean Times some time ago, it showed a picture I would guess about 1780 to 1830 of a group of people like cowboys standing behind a dead Thunderbird stretched across the group which was some distance in the picture.I remember dowsing the picture to get a signature of the group of people and the bird, and I was convinved at the time the dead bird was of a different influence to those people/building/barn behind it....If that had been some sort of paper bird or cardboard shape it would have shown in front of the cowboys, but I was happy this dead bird had once been alive and would have been able to fly...The Native People spoke of these Thunderbirds with respect, and thought them to carry messages from the Great Mother to Earth,like Bigfoot they treated these things with great respect, and knew them to be real and perhaps messengers from higher forces.
mike

Postby mike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

In the Fortean Times this month is an article where they are trying to find other pictures of the Thunder Bird photo taken where it was hung outside a barn with lots of chaps standing beside it after it was killed.The body dowses for me with a past life force so I believe it to be genuine, and not some made up shape of a very large bird, and it may have been proof of these ancient bird now lost apart from any pictures taken at the time.
mike

Postby TN FireWalker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 am

Hi...as a child growing up in Tennessee in south eastern US I heard a story about Thunderbirds. Sadly the man who told the story is long gone. I've asked my older Sisters if they remember the story, but they do not.
Now I live in Arizona and this area has a History of the Thunderbird. Especially in and around the Grand Canyon.
I believe they did and possibly still exist but might not be as large as they were.
The Thunderbird is very important to Native Americans. You see it reflected in their stories, their images, their dance and their clothing.
I wish I could remember the story from my childhood.
The Thunderbird is something that is Mystical, Spiritual and frightening at the same time.
Nancy
TN FireWalker

Postby mike » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Thanks for your story TNF, its part folk law and part truth I believe, the native people will always speak of these things in closed circles, its a part of history for them and not to be shared outside with others.Much like Big Foot(Forest People) who still walk the woods and sometimes are seen by the hunters and native people gathering berries fruit and nuts, they are respected and left alone and given space to live and feed.Both Thunderbirds and Big Foot while not here in large numbers have a long history in the US, you cannot believe all these stories to be made up and just yarns, pictures might still remain of a T or BF somewhere.The early hunters and mountain men all respected these animals and birds,spending time in the high mountains could have put them in contact with either, or both, when they were working their traps collecting Beaver pelts.
mike

Return to Science & Nature