Birds Bathtime.

media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.

Re: Birds Bathtime.

Postby mike » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Im filling up here, we had to have our cat put down today, it was a family cat we adopted some ten years ago, and we all at some time had her stay with us.She was found ten years ago in our shed at Exhall Coventry,where her mother came every day to feed her, till the family and the mother cat moved away after a month leaving Kora behind.We cared for her and after a few days would let us hold her and take food from the hand,and she has been part of the family ever since....But last night she went out late, and this morning the dog found her wet and suffering in the garden we think trying to get home.The vet said they think she had injested something which has shut her down, so the best thing was to put her to sleep to stop any suffering...Its so sad to end like this,but at least she was warm and dry and the PDSA staff are all angels and did all they could, I would urge anyone to support the PDSA where ever you live, they do such a wonderful job caring for animals,they are all very dedicated...
mike

Postby simonwheeler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Condolences Mike. Always sad to have to lose "one of the family" like this. :cry: :cry:
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby mike » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks Simon, yes its very hard,but life goes on and we are blessed that little bundle of fur chose to find us and spend her life with us all at home.
mike

Postby mike » Tue May 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Not got my heart in anything, but a Tern flew past the car low west to east at 11.04 this morning, thats very early in the year for them to be about in the midlands.
mike

Postby mike » Thu May 11, 2017 4:33 pm

We got the ashes back from the place today of Cora our family cat, she was ten years old and really had such a bad start to her life, but she was her own person and we all loved the little bundle of brown fur, even me who is not by nature a cat lover....When I think of her its with good thoughts and I will miss her I know, writing here today brings her closer for me,sleep well Cora,we all love and miss you.
mike

Postby mike » Mon May 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Well you learn something new every day, wild birds just LOVE suet fat balls as against lard fat balls, you would not think it matters to a bird, but it does.And to prove the point we have had lard fat balls in the garden for over a week and they are being eaten but very slow and sure...Then we placed a suet fat ball across from it and before ten minutes all the birds were on the suet ball fighting to get more, it just shows suet balls are KING. :mrgreen:

And suet fat balls can be used for feeding the wild birds all the year round, DONT feed birds safe none toxic peanuts in the Summer, as these will choke the babies in the nest, because of the size.
mike

Previous

Return to Science & Nature