What do you think of the new sections?

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

What do you think of the new sections?

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:50 pm

I felt it was time to tidy up the forum as I wanted to sort out the general media news reports that are of interest but not specifically dowsing-related.
The idea is that this will make things a little easier to categorise.

Like any filing system, it's not perfect yet and there will probably be more fiddling around in the next week or so.

Let me know what you think of the new sections; do they need to be renamed, are there any other sections you think we should have, etc.?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby William Holding » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi Grahame

The divisions make the forum look busy and easier to understand. Well done.

It may only be me but the 'Announcements and Sticky's are off putting at the top of each page. They look messy and are always 'In Your Face' each time we log on to the site.

Can these also be put in their own section?

Bill. :P
William Holding

Postby Grahame Gardner » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Bill.
I know what you mean about the announcements and sticky posts; but most of them are relevant to the section they are in and I think it would be more confusing to put them into yet another section. Certainly this (the 'forum matters') section is the busiest in that regard, but it's also the place where most of those have to be. I think we'll just have to live with them.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to Forum matters