Suggestions for new forum sections

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

Suggestions for new forum sections

Postby Ian Pegler » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi Grahame

If you're thinking of creating one or two new forum sections, here are one or two suggestions:

Announcements
Local Dowsing Groups
Parapsychology
Fortean Phenomena

I'll add some more if I think of any.

How about an RSS feed to tell people about dowsing news?

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby William Holding » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi Grahame

Can I suggest that there is a link to the BSD Home Page.

Also when changing ones personal details, new e-mail address etc, we are asked to re-register. I have had to do this on one occasion. Surley we are beyond this?

Regards

Bill.
William Holding

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 am

Good suggestion, Bill. The logo at the top of the page used to link back to the main BSD site but doesn't seem to do it now - I'll check with our web hosts about that as it's beyond my control to change.

You don't have to re-register with the forum to change your email address or other details on your profile page, but you will have to re-enter your password; obviously the software has to confirm your identity before allowing you to make any changes to your profile information.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby William Holding » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:59 am

Just a quickie Grahame.

What about a section for ongoing courses by the BSD, and maybe registered tutors?

I feel sure that we could generate more interest in courses via this route.
Dowsing Today publication and the web site are not always easily available unless one knows the details!

Bill.
William Holding

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi Bill;

A section for ongoing courses is something that we have been discussing at Council for a while now; we are hoping to have a 'calendar of events' page on the main website that will list everything that's happening.
The trouble with this sort of thing is that somebody has got to keep updating the pages, and it can be a lot of work. That's mainly why I don't intend to put such a calendar on the forum.

There is already a hidden section for Registered Tutors that was intended to share course notes and so on. However, so few Tutors have registered with the forum that it barely gets used, so it seems pointless expanding on that at the moment.

If people are running courses they are perfectly free to post announcements about them on the forum, but I'm not going to do the work for them (unless it's one of my own courses, of course!) :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Return to Forum matters