Dowsing Census

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

Dowsing Census

Postby willie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 pm

Hello, long time reader, first time posting. I have been following all the different topics on here for the last year or so and lately I have been wondering about the amount of people who are "lurking" and not posting here, like me I suppose till now, people who dowse daily, weekly, monthly. Has anyone be it an individual or BSD ever quantified in any shape or manner how many people are actually dowsing. Any figures/comments welcome so as I can further appreciate what it is I learned of late.
I'll leave it at that for the first post.
Thanks
Willie
willie

Re: Dowsing Census

Postby Ian Pegler » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 am

willie wrote:Hello, long time reader, first time posting. I have been following all the different topics on here for the last year or so and lately I have been wondering about the amount of people who are "lurking" and not posting here, like me I suppose till now, people who dowse daily, weekly, monthly. Has anyone be it an individual or BSD ever quantified in any shape or manner how many people are actually dowsing. Any figures/comments welcome so as I can further appreciate what it is I learned of late.
Thanks
Willie

Hi Willie

There are many more lurkers than posters. This is a public forum, which anyone can view, so not all lurkers will be dowsers. Those that do post regularly are also dowsing on a regular basis. I know that Tom, Geoff, Arthur, Grahame (current President of the BSD), Simon etc. etc. all dowse regularly.

We have no means of using the forum for statistical purposes and I'm not sure what the legal issues would be if we did. IMHO, experience and focus are what matter, not how often people dowse.

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby ledgehammer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 am

Ian Pegler wrote:
willie wrote:Hello, long time reader, first time posting. I have been following all the different topics on here for the last year or so and lately I have been wondering about the amount of people who are "lurking" and not posting here, like me I suppose till now, people who dowse daily, weekly, monthly. Has anyone be it an individual or BSD ever quantified in any shape or manner how many people are actually dowsing. Any figures/comments welcome so as I can further appreciate what it is I learned of late.
Thanks
Willie

Hi Willie

There are many more lurkers than posters. This is a public forum, which anyone can view, so not all lurkers will be dowsers. Those that do post regularly are also dowsing on a regular basis. I know that Tom, Geoff, Arthur, Grahame (current President of the BSD), Simon etc. etc. all dowse regularly.

We have no means of using the forum for statistical purposes and I'm not sure what the legal issues would be if we did. IMHO, experience and focus are what matter, not how often people dowse.

Ian

:-)
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 pm

You could always create a poll, although I don't think any results gained would be anything more than a rough approximation to reality.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 am

ledgehammer wrote:
Ian Pegler wrote:
Thanks
Willie

Hi Willie

Ian

:-)

8)
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer

Postby ledgehammer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks
Willie

Willie,

have you tried to dowse the answers ?

;-)

Tom
ledgehammer

Return to Forum matters