I've got a new PC

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

I've got a new PC

Postby Ian Pegler » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:38 pm

If there are less news items being posted at the moment it's because I've just bought a new PC and am busy moving loads of stuff across from my old machine to the new one. All sorts of fun 'n' games...

I've been learning some valuable tips on useful utilities to help make this happen, I just found out how to move all my FireFox settings/bookmarks etc across etc.

I have yet to find a good RSS reader that works on Windows 7 without giving me loads of baggage that I don't want or/and crashing when it can't find the non-existant garbage that I don't want to read in any case. <sigh> Any ideas welcome.

I am still checking in every day, keeping an eye on things...

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Re: I've got a new PC

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Ian Pegler wrote: I just found out how to move all my FireFox settings/bookmarks etc across etc.

Mozbackup?

Ian Pegler wrote:I have yet to find a good RSS reader that works on Windows 7 without giving me loads of baggage that I don't want or/and crashing when it can't find the non-existant garbage that I don't want to read in any case. <sigh> Any ideas welcome.

I just use Google Reader for that sort of stuff. It's not ideal, but it does the job.

I'm also still checking in daily, in case you think I've deserted you! :P
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Ian Pegler » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Yep, Mozbackup, that was it.

I've still got some way to go but it already feels like someone owns it, now.

Hey ho

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Postby Ian Pegler » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Grahame

Thanks for the Google Reader tip - very useful !

I had to make changes to my own RSS feed because I had no idea that IE wasn't displaying it properly. It kept saying there were 4 posts instead of 34 !

I have yet to find a decent tool to create/edit RSS. I'm also looking for a good free HTML editor...

Ian
Ian Pegler
BSD member

Return to Forum matters