Good news, everyone!

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

Re: Good news, everyone!

Postby Bonnie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:40 pm

My apologies, I see what I did wrong - the file size was indeed a little too big.
Bonnie

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Richard assures me that avatars are now working in IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I have changed my avatar once more to one that I've uploaded from my machine - if you cannot see it, try clearing the cache on your browser; that may be the problem.

Has anyone else tried uploading one yet?
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:28 pm

I can see your new avatar, Grahame. I was able to upload an avatar, too - didn't keep it, it was just a test; but things worked fine. Thank you.

(Edited to add: I just now uploaded an avatar, it's a very easy process. The allowable file size is quite small - 6 kilobytes - which will limit to a certain extent one's choice of avatar: gif files are small and don't contain much visual information, whereas jpeg files are a bit larger, hold more information and are usually in the megabyte range.)
Bonnie

Postby Grahame Gardner » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Hurrah! Yes, I can see yours too Bonnie - it seems to be working.
I've put together a little step-by-step tutorial on how to do it if anyone is having trouble.
This is fun!

Edit - I've just failed to send a Private Message to someone when using the PM icon to the right of their post. It worked when I started a new message from the control panel however. Seems we still have some work to do there...!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby Bonnie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Wonderful dragon, Grahame! I agree, this is fun!
Bonnie

Previous

Return to Forum matters