new section - Metaphysics & Spirituality

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.

new section - Metaphysics & Spirituality

Postby Grahame Gardner » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:07 pm

After a bit of discussion with Ian, we've decided to create a new forum section called 'metaphysics & spirituality', for any discussions related to the more esoteric side of dowsing - why the rods move, dowsing experiments like Arthur's 'Christ in Britain' topic, spirit guides and so on. I'm sure you'll manage to find suitable discussions to start in there! I've moved a few existing topics in there to get things going, and as part of the ongoing tidying up of the rest of the forum. Enjoy!
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Re: new section - Metaphysics & Spirituality

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Good idea, Grahame.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby arthur hamlin » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Thanks Grahame, I appreciate this move and wish this new section every success.
So far both Geoff and I have helped to create discussions in this area but not many come forward with their responses and wonder why more dowsers are not interested in the mechanics here.
Its as if they wish to drive the car but don`t wish to look under the bonnet.
Perhaps we need to be a bit more evocative or challenging.
Any thoughts anyone?
Arthur
arthur hamlin

Postby Lyndon Ronstadt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:13 pm

All human progress is the result of the interplay of practical observation and theoretical speculation. We observe, we speculate, we test our speculation against the current human need until further observation proves the validity of whichever theory our speculation has concocted. Metaphysical speculation (which is speculation as to the nature of non physical reality) is no different and must ultimately bring home the bacon of accepted theory which stands the test of time and enables us to solve contemporary human problems in new ways.

When I first read the books which now underpin my current efforts as a theoretical dowser I had no idea that their content was other than a fascinating read. Only after my (very) late entry into the world of dowsing (coupled with my propensity for endless speculation) did it begin to dawn on me that even my shallow understanding of what I had read held the promise of practical application.

Everyones theory is different of course, but each holds a gem of truth which can be sifted from the aggregate of general speculation by the dowsing faculty. In this way, hopefully, we can identify those theories that underpin the Five Esoteric Traditions which potentially govern all human action, enrich each by a knowledge of the others and, in doing so, add to a growing fund of knowledge backed by empirical evidence.

Its good that the BSD recognises that the faculty of dowsing is often accompanied by psychic faculty and, consequently, the speculation this invokes as to the nature of reality. Hopefully this very welcome addition to the forum will, in the fullness of time, prove its worth by shining the light of reason into areas hitherto shrouded in mystery.
Lyndon Ronstadt

Postby Satyr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:12 pm

I think its an excellent idea. Good one!!!!
Practice random acts of kindness
Satyr

Return to Forum matters