Art and healing

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing

Art and healing

Postby Satyr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:58 am

I am interested in ways to use art in and for healing. I have a friend who has been told that she must use her art to help people and she has asked for my advice. I'm not very artistic so I don't know where to start, but Arthur, your post in the "bees" topic about the automatic drawing, drawing the energies surrounding aids and cancer patients, made me think you could give me some pointers. If anyone else has any advice, that would be great.
Practice random acts of kindness
Satyr

Re: Art and healing

Postby simonwheeler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:20 pm

For a Gestalt approach when providing therapy with an art bias for adolescents I used "Windows to our Children" by Violet Oaklander as a resource. It's still worth reading today...
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Satyr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:35 pm

Would that not more deal with the "patients" doing the art as therapy. I'm looking for something along the lines of the healer doing the art. Not sure exactly how to explain it better. Maybe with the healer doing a paining of the patients "before" energy/aura/???? and then after the healing doing another painting of the patients "after" energy/aura/???. Or something along those lines anyway. Does that make more sense?
Satyr

Postby simonwheeler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:04 pm

Ah..sorry. Yes...my response was more directed towards a therapist involving the client in doing "art".
I have a bit of a problem with
I have a friend who has been told that she must use her art to help people

"must"? And who has told her? If this person (the "teller") believes they have a right/duty/whatever to tell somebody that they must use art to help others, I would've thought that they might also give some guidance as to the details.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Satyr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Oops, sorry, she wasn't told she must (in that she HAS to), that was just bad wording on my part. She had a reading at an esoteric fair she went to and was told that she could/would (Is that better hehehehe) use her art to help people (to put it simply). It does however fit in with stuff that I know and she is a potential healer, so it fits in with that too. She was told that she would get guidence from a woman and we have worked out for various reasons, that that woman is me, but although I can give her guidence on other things involved, I'm not too clued up on the art side of things. We are inclined to believe what the "teller" told her because there are too many things that all fit togerther for it to be false.
Satyr

Postby simonwheeler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Ah. OK. Thanks. Sorry if I came across as a bit perverse, then!
I would now say, remember that "healing" can take many forms. It may be that just by looking at your friend's art (I presume it's visual?) some people are, in some way, healed. Think of colour therapy, for example.
I remember being moved by a story told by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross (a "bereavement guru"...I hope she forgives my short-hand description of her!). Very briefly and simply: at a hospital; walking down the corridor; seeing someone in distress, obviously "shutting themselves off"; smiling at them. Years later, this same person introduces themselves and says "I remember you - that smile you gave me in the corridor of the hospital, thank you...it virtually saved my life".
There are times when maybe we try too hard! Keep it simple. Try to see the trees and the woods. Have self-awareness and self-belief; keep a sense of connection and of humanity. Then the healing can happen.

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby arthur hamlin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Hello Satyr,
Good advice from Simon - not sure if I can do better though.
I remember when it took two weeks before my pen moved across the page, that was when I started on automatic writing. Initially with a very small yes and also a no.
It may help to consider this before going straight into automatic drawing or the two could be achieved at the same time.
I remember when a lady came to see me 4 or 5 years back and she was intriqued to see my hands move to questions being asked that she was inspired to try her luck at writing and drawing.
She now obtains info from a source who writes in old english and sometimes I have a job to understand what is being written. Just lately she has gone into automatic drawing and have to admit she puts my work to shame. They are simply beautiful - mostly abstract on an A4 sheet with such delightful colours. I believe there is meaning to each one and am sure requests can be made so as to individualise them to have healing effect on the intended purchaser.
As Simon says - keep it simple, don`t expect too much at once, ask for the 3 `P`s before you start.
And don`t do it when your tired.
It is difficult to explain what its like to an observer except that the arm/hand muscles will pull and tighten as you see your hand doing this or that. Much like dowsing when you first start except muscle movement is more.
By using colour this would be ideal as a healing medium, plus shapes etc which will all have their effect as your friend will eventually find out.
I have also learnt that your name can be drawn in the form of a certain shape which will reflect your nature at that time.This shape will gradually change as your nature changes.This shape will also give off a certain musical note which will be reflective of that persons character.
Sorry I`ve rambled again - just got carried away!
I hope that helps.
Arthur
arthur hamlin

Postby arthur hamlin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Satyr,
Although I feel it important to obtain the shape, size, colour and density of the various damaged energy fields surrounding a person with cancer or aids for healing purpose it may not be appropriate to have this as an inspired drawing to give to a patient.
What I normally do is to obtain say a drawing of the damaged emotional energy field of a person requesting help and than request a drawing showing a perfect energy field for comparison, so that the daily updates should get closer to the perfect energy field from the healing work given.
Arthur
arthur hamlin

Postby simonwheeler » Thu May 01, 2008 5:48 am

Have a read of this and see if it helps.
I know it's only one way of looking at things (pun intended), but it's an example of some theory which may get you started in the direction you want.
However, I would want to add that there are plenty of other "theories" and "ways" out there. A vital part of what you and your friend are doing is the process - the looking. (Another pun intended!!!)

Simon
simonwheeler

Postby Satyr » Thu May 01, 2008 6:34 am

Thank you Arthur and Simon for you insight, I find it very helpful and how I have something more I can go to my friend with and we can figure this out together.
Satyr

Postby Lorraine » Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:02 pm

This is a fascinating subject, especially since I work with art for the purpose of healing, amongst other things. Satyr, can you give an update on how your friend progressed with their work?

Simon, I found the link you provided really inspiring. For some years now I have produced pastel abstracts which always evoke an energetic response in others. I tend to lose my energetic link once the picture is done, but my daughter can always tell me how the shapes and colours make her feel on an empathic level. I do know that when I am correctly 'tuned in', my drawings speak from my spirit and uplift those who look at them. Many are healing in themselves, bringin in spirit guidance and support for their owners.

I'm going to try focusing on drawing thought forms and see what emerges!

:)
Lorraine
Lorraine

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Hi Satyr,

I came aross this subject accidently and read Lorraine's post with interest then happened to mention it to
my friend Leatha (whom you know) She told me that, some years ago, she used to paint abstract
pictures and then infuse them with Reiki before she sent them to people she thought might benefit
from them. I don't know whether you are "into" art or not but you if you are, you might like to try
that sometime to see what effect it might have.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Satyr » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Lorraine, my friend hasn't really gone any further with this, I think she's just not sure where to begin.

Geoff, I like art, but I'm afraid I'm as artistic as a lump of coal. The best I can do is something slightly better than stick figures. My artistic side lies more in using crystals and herbs and aromatherapy oils (as you know).
Satyr

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:39 am

Understood, Satyr but I wonder of you and Lorraine were meant to work together. Lorraine would do the art
and then send the art to you would imbue the picture with Reiki or use Intent to imbue the drawing with
appropriate thought forms relating to crystals/herbs/oils ... or is my imagination going too far ?

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Satyr » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:14 am

I know it is possible to imbue pics or anything else for that matter with Reiki energy and, although I haven't done it yet, I'm sure crystals could be used to do that too, either to imbue the crystal with the pics energy or imbue the pic with the crystal energy. By means of a crystal grid maybe....

Interesting concept Geoff. Maybe Lorraine is a reiki practitioner herself, but if she'd like to work with me, I'd be more than willing....
Satyr

Next

Return to Health