Sleep Paralysis and dowsing

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing

Postby Harri » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:05 pm

I was just wondering if many dowsers experience/ suffer from sleep paralysis.
I only started experiencing SP last year. When I read that it has had long associations with what could possibly come under the title of geopathic stress, with high occurrences in areas near volcanoes and earthquake zones but less alarming things like under ground water flowing under people's beds also being mentioned, I wondered if having recently started doing a lot more dowsing could have increased my sensitivity; even when asleep; to energies likely to cause sleep paralysis in some people. ( I hadn't changed my bed position in several years) This has made me wonder if there is a higher % of dowsers who experience SP than the general population and even if people who get SP make better/ more sensitive dowsers. I'd be very interested what other people think.

Edited by I.P. 24.2.09 - moved from Forum matters to Health forum, corrected minor typos
Harri
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.
(Einstein)
Harri

Re: Sleep Paralysis and dowsing

Postby Satyr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:28 pm

I can't really comment on this, but funnily enough, I am on a psychic forum and the subject of sleep paralysis in connection with psychic abilities came up.
Practice random acts of kindness
Satyr

Postby Geoff Stuttaford » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Harri wrote:I wanted to ask about a specific subject so put sleep paralysis in the search box and as it didn't come up with anything I'll start a new thread;

Hi Harri.

Could I ask what your description of sleep paralysis is ? I may have the answer.

Geoff

(mod - split from 'Introduce Yourself' and merged with relevant thread - GG)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Geoff Stuttaford

Postby Happymama » Sat May 21, 2011 9:11 pm

Hi.

I used to have sleep paralysis frequently as a teen. This is where after I'd woken in the morning I couldn't move for a certain length of time after. It wasn't very disturbing but then, as a teen I was stuck in Apartheid-riddled ZA and hating it with one parent descending into alcoholism, a failing secondary school career and I had depression so my vantage point would have been a tad damped down, I suspect.

Not had it since.

Oh, and I come from a psycic family. I'm half-Welsh and the Welsh side - well, my Nana and her sister used to ring each other up and never got to speak to each other, it was a standing joke in the family, because they were always engaged! My very pragmatic and down-to-earth SRN of a Nana also swore that she'd seen her dead mother at the end of her bed on the night her mother died, and she didn't believe in ghosts!

When I was a teen I hurt myself and wished my parents would come home very badly. My mother made my dad put his pint down half drunk and they came round the corner, my mother driving, on two wheels. She ran down the veranda and leapt through the kitchen door shouting 'what's wrong?'.

My best friend and I have something going too. We dress very differently but when we meet to go out we contrive to look like twins, I kid you not. I know when she's going to ring, too. She does the same thing with her sisters and mum, as well.

The scariest thing was that out in ZA there are a lot of oddly religious people. There was a family down our street who were suchly odd, they'd watch very weird American movies about kids taking up the flaming sword in the name of Christianity and stuff, and their dad once told me he could prove he was a Christian and that it did no harm. I said ok.

He sat me down and held my feet. I had Scholl flat sandals on, I remember, with wooden soles. Red leather strap. I had one leg slightly longer then the other, and he held my feet, prayed and I swear to this day that my shorter leg became longer. He'd not even said what he was doing, and I still fail to explain exactly what he did but my knees did not move, my lower leg became longer.

I'm a deeply scientific person and I still can't question that I saw that, I know I did. It has no place in mainstream science, that's for sure. And I'm not a Believer, and I wasn't then, either. Pure sceptic then and now. (she says, as she lays out her Tarot deck and tunes her pendant, lol)
Happymama

Postby mike » Sun May 22, 2011 1:07 am

I feel the longer you dowse the more harder it is to turn the dowsing off when you finish what you are doing, and over the years it takes longer still to switch off, its like when the brains/eye is opened it remains open even after you sit down to relax and think about what you have just dowsed. I think the trick could be to open any dowsing with a protective pray, and then close it with a thank you to the powers who help you, like you switch the dowsing both on and OFF....Often when Im dozzing in the chair just before I go up to bed things will come through, at this time Im relaxed and perhaps open to influences outside that might wish to come through,and always the subjects are something I have never worked with or dowsed before, like a new path is being shown to me.....And at my age getting out of bed in the morning is getting harder and harder, a warm soft bed beats anything :mrgreen:

AND prays can move mountains, and grow longer legs, the power of the mind is ALL POWERFUL in my opinion,you just have to believe in it to work for you.
mike

Postby Helen-Healing » Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 am

I used to have sleep paralysis frequently as a teen. This is where after I'd woken in the morning I couldn't move for a certain length of time after.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doesn't this happen to all teens?? :P

Welcome to the forum, btw, Happymama!
Helen-Healing

Postby Grahame Gardner » Mon May 23, 2011 10:38 am

Happymama wrote:He sat me down and held my feet. I had Scholl flat sandals on, I remember, with wooden soles. Red leather strap. I had one leg slightly longer then the other, and he held my feet, prayed and I swear to this day that my shorter leg became longer. He'd not even said what he was doing, and I still fail to explain exactly what he did but my knees did not move, my lower leg became longer.

This is a very common trick amongst faith healers according to Derren Brown's recent show Miracles for Sale. In sitting the person down, they adjust their sitting position so that one leg appears to be longer, and reinforce this illusion by pulling one of the shoes slightly off the foot at the heel. By simply pushing the shoe back on, the legs miraculously are the same length again. This trick was shown several times on the show, and one of them even tried it on Derren himself at a rally.
Somewhat harder to explain if you were wearing sandals with no heel, though...

**edit** Here's a link to the show on YouTube. This is from the 4OD site, so you have to sit through the adverts and even then I'm not sure if it will work outside of the UK.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame Gardner
Site Admin

Postby mike » Tue May 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Helen-Healing wrote:
I used to have sleep paralysis frequently as a teen. This is where after I'd woken in the morning I couldn't move for a certain length of time after.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Doesn't this happen to all teens?? :P

Welcome to the forum, btw, Happymama!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mike

Postby shabrina » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:55 am

Have any men out there ever had a wet dream and sleep paralysis at the same time? I was reading up on sleep paralysis and after I changed my underwear I got to thinking. What if I had a wet dream and sleep paralysis at the same time. I mean, it would be friggin awesome if it was some hot girl. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Return to Health